Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
The HCP Product Management team is looking for an outstanding product manager to contribute to the business, technical direction and sales of the Content Services product suite (HCP, HCP Anywhere and HDI product lines). This person will play a significant role in the business and resulting technology decisions for the HCP product suite. This is a challenging position that requires a candidate passionate about continuously delivering highly innovative software-based storage solutions to the market. A position at this level requires a candidate who needs little to no supervision; a proven self-starter capable of understanding what needs to be done and makes it happen.
1. Exceptional presentation and communications skills with an ability to work directly with Sales and customers to increase product sales via sales calls at customer accounts and presentations at the Executive Briefing Center at our headquarters in Santa Clara.
2. Educates other teams within HDS on the technical and business benefits of the Content Services product family, with a particular focus on the sales and pre-sales organizations.
3. Analyze and execute potential partner relationships for product line.
4. Works closely with all internal groups to ensure successful product roll-out and on-going internal and external 3 rd -party certifications/qualifications as required.
5. Manage entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to EOL.
6. Specify product requirements by conducting research supported by customer feedback and working with all geography leaders and their teams to integrate feedback and business requirements. Ensures the right blend of trade-offs to maximize the product impact in the marketplace, considering competition, time to market, costs and internal capabilities.
7. Makes decisions, shapes and champions new direction for product line. Prepares and presents the strategic business plan to any audience, including executives, industry analysts and customers.
8. Developing and implementing a company-wide business and go-to-market plan with Product Marketing.
9. Keeping abreast of the market, our competitors, customer requirements and the available products. Assist with strategy setting with regard to the market segment.
10. Ability to analyse the financial condition of the business and provide high-quality monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports for executives.
- Ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree in computer science and a graduate degree in business. Direct experience in software engineering is very valuable.
- Deep knowledge of storage technologies with an u nderstanding of the market conditions and requirements in the practice specialty area.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Track record of success in business technology related consulting.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in product management with product sets targeting enterprise-class customers. Business plan creation and execution as well as financial tracking ad reporting.
- Proven ability to coordinate consultative multi-skilled teams, customer, third party, and Hitachi people.
- Proven ability to resolve conflict and arbitrate.
- Worldwide travel will be about 30% on average, but may be greater in any given month.
- Knowledge of the techniques, sensitivities, and issues around consulting and Knowledge of IT development processes and IT technologies.
- Must be a self-starter who has sufficient knowledge and motivation to require very little direct management.
- Discipline-specific knowledge as appropriate, for example:
- Experience in Enterprise applications business assessment and requirements consulting, general knowledge in storage solutions;
- Experience in business impact analysis and risk analysis, designing and implementing and documenting business continuity solutions; and
- Experience in designing, implementing and documenting storage solutions.
About Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems Corporation provides Services Oriented Storage Solutions that enable heterogeneous storage to be dynamically provisioned according to business needs and centrally managed via industry leading Hitachi storage virtualization software. With more than 4,100 employees, and as an integral part of the Hitachi Storage Solutions Group, Hitachi Data Systems delivers storage infrastructure platforms, storage management software, and storage consulting services through direct and indirect channels in more than 170 countries and regions. Its customers include nearly 60 percent of the top 100 companies on the Fortune 500®.