Great opportunity with a mobile marketing and advertising company! This is a true Big Data environment hiring for a Database Engineer/Architect
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, implement and manage large-scale, high-volume relational database systems.
- Design, implement and manage high transaction services employing big data solutions.
- Design, implement and develop ETL integration processes between operational systems and enterprise data warehouse.
- Data Modeling - logical and physical design in a both OLTP and OLAP environment.
- Ensure data quality through development and testing best practices.
- Design reporting platform to support both internal and external customers.
- Participates in technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered.
- Participate in collaborative work with DBA's, Software Engineer, Business Analysts, Subject Matter Experts and Project Managers to achieve software solutions.
- Work closely with the platform development team and product management team on design of pipeline functionality and deployments.
- Ensure a well-tested and high quality product is delivered.
- Participate on critical projects by providing development lead and developer duties.
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree in Data Administration or Information Technology.
- Demonstrable experience performing data analysis and database design on enterprise DBMS, preferably in SQL server.
- Significant experience in enterprise data modelling.
- Architecting and deployment of Big Data technologies (eg Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, Mongo, Redshift etc )
- Experience working with cloud technologies
- Expertise in relational databases design.
- Experience with ETL tools, data cleansing tools, customized web reporting.
- Experience through the entire development cycle to ship software a must.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in team-based environments.
- Able to facilitate clarification of customer requirements as well as systems/software architecture and design.
- Able to question and listen for the purpose of gaining understanding
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
- Sufficient ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to organize and manage both information and time effectively