Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
o The University of Oregon College of Arts and Sciences IT unit (CASIT) invites applications for a full-time Web Developer (Analyst Programmer).
o This is a classified position represented by the Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below. TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE: ... a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor's degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
* Demonstrated proficiency turning graphic mockups into valid HTML/CSS.
* Demonstrated familiarity with web server software, such as Apache.
* A minimum of one year experience independently implementing and maintaining websites using Drupal or comparable CMS.
* Demonstrated familiarity with version control systems such as Git.
* Familiarity with the principles and best practices of accessible web development.
* Demonstrated proficiency in SQL.
* Familiarity with the principles and best practices of responsive web development.
* Ability to independently and collaboratively troubleshoot and solve problems.
* Proven skills in technical writing, problem solving, verbal communications, consulting, and teaching.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, either independently or as part of a team in a rapidly changing technical environment.
Position is subject to criminal background check. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Web Services provides support for departments in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences divisions, and the Dean's Office. These services are used by faculty, staff, and students from the general University population. This position serves as technical expert, and makes independent judgments about how best to implement technology to support CASIT's web development service. Duties include:
... converting design mockups into HTML/CSS-based CMS themes and implementing designs from other team members into content management systems, including Drupal and WordPress; ensuring websites meet accessibility guidelines; using independent judgment about how best to implement designer's creative direction using CSS while following web design best practices and standards.
... creating training documentation for website clients; training clients using formal presentations and informal communications in person or over the telephone.
... working in a shared development environment and managing code changes using a version control systems such as Git.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS: To assist us in making the selection for this position, please submit no more than two URLs for complex web sites on which you have served as the primary web developer. Along with the web addresses, please be as specific as possible in detailing the following:
* The content management system used.
* Your role implementing and maintaining the web site.
* Your role in integrating the web design into the CMS.
* What additional functionality you added with the use of 3rd party modules, plug-ins or libraries.
* For each project, describe your communication with the client or main stakeholder for the project. How did you manage expectations and maintain clarity about the timeline and deliverables?
* Overall, describe how the site evolved after launch, and what you learned from that process.
APPLICATIONS: Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to: Human Resources 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400 5210 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-5210 Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews. This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Human Resources - 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400 - 5210 University of Oregon -
Eugene OR, 97403-5210 - Located near the corner of 12th & Hilyard Office (541) 346-3159 - Fax (541) 346-2548