WE ARE SOFTWARE SPECIALISTS
IT Staffing Done Right the First Time
Software Specialists is an IT staffing company with extensive consulting experience in the Information Technology Industry. Incorporated in the state of Pennsylvania in 1998, we bring 15 years of experience in providing IT talent to FORTUNE 1000 Companies.
Our experience from providing thousands of IT consultants has taught us that customers require contractors with more than just the technical knowledge. Team work, cultural fit, and attitude are just as important as aptitude. Be it 1 position or 100 positions, Software Specialists' focus is on finding the Smart Fit for our clients' needs; this makes us not just one of the fastest growing Information Technology consulting firms in the country but also a trusted adviser to our customers in their talent acquisition process.
Software Specialists is looking for a Build Engineer in Hillsboro, OR (12) Months Assignment) for one of our prestigious client.
Below are the details.
- Location: Hillsboro, OR
- Duration: 12 Months
- Title: Build Engineer
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with cross-functional project teams that include Development, Marketing, Software Quality Assurance, Customer Learning, Usability, and Support
- Ensuring frequent, high-quality builds of complex software products
- Managing build and configuration management improvement projects
- Implementing well-documented, testable, and high quality installation code
- participating in program and project team meetings
- Communicating with other teams to better understand their needs and concerns
- BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 5-10 years recent verifiable experience as a build engineer
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience development or configuration management of complex Software applications
- Minimum 2 years developing installation programs with InstallShield
- Experience with software configuration management, build and change control tools, including ClearCase, PerForce and Hudson
- Experience developing and maintaining build systems with Scripting languages - such as Pearl
- Master's Degree in CS, EE, CE
- Experience with continuous Integration and Agile
- Understanding of the software product development life cycle
- Track record of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Passionate, high-energy individual who is a self-starter
- Experience working with a global team
- Experience working with ClearCase and PerForce tools
- Experience working on projects developed and tested iteratively (Agile or Scrum experience a plus)
- Software build engineer with experience supporting distributed teams with build and configuration management.
- Duties include monitoring build Servers, responding to failed builds, investigating failure reasons to root cause and addressing systemic issues in build system to improve reliability.
- Desire experience setting up and managing automated builds for large applications in C++, C#, VB and Java, Agile, Scrum.