Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Job Title:Information System Security Engineer
Org Marketing Statement
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 22,500 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world.
Day to Day Work
Specialty: Level 3
This position will be located at the Portland Headquarters location within NJB. The role of the Cyber Security Engineer (SE) is to serve as a member of the Cyber Security team within BPA Information Technology (IT) evaluating and engineering various technical, operational and management solutions to security problems. This position is responsible for engineering, planning, implementing, upgrading or monitoring security measures for the protection of computer networks and information.
This position is not open to Foreign National candidates.
Position Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Evaluate various different technical, operational and management solutions to security problems, using written language and various media to present alternatives and recommendations.
- Develop documentation sufficient to arrive at logical and comprehensive conclusions and recommendations.
- Technical Implementation of networks and systems.
- Encrypt data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted and to keep out tainted digital transfers.
- Develop plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Review violations of computer security procedures.
- Monitor use of data files and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files.
- Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status.
- Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
- Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science required, with 5+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology plus post graduate work in Information Technology or 5 years related experience can be substituted for Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
- 10+ years of related IT Security Engineer or equivalent experience can be substituted for education requirements.Experience in evaluating various different technical, operational and management solutions to security problems, using written language and various media to present alternatives and recommendations is required.
- Candidate's past experience must include work in hands on technical implementation of networks, and systems commensurate with the professional certification of MCSE, CNA, CCNA, CNDP, etc. The experience should have