Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Autodesk is undertaking a strategic initiative to improve our customers' experience. As part of this initiative we are investing in web development efforts specifically focused on making it easier for our customers to get help and support; and to learn how to use our software. This development will include a variety of approaches to web services that enable people to find, use, share and contribute relevant information and answers, via web sites as well as in-product features and also through mobile experiences, as a part of a new Autodesk Knowledge Network (AKN) program and platform.
As a part of this effort, Autodesk is seeking an energetic Build Release Engineer who will work with agile developers to automate every aspect of the software development/delivery process from inception to deployment and operations.
The ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades technologist with the ability to pick up new skills quickly. We're looking for a versatile candidate who thrives on being able to work with new technologies and who can bring their creativity and passion in creating innovative software delivery systems that are essential to the overall development effort.
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
- Using build and deployment tools create and maintain scalable build and deployment environments
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of continuous build/deployment systems
- Work to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the build and test systems
- Work across functional (development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure) and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems
- Automate wherever feasible
- Adhere and maintain Product Version Control
- Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization's Agile project life-cycle
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
(Minimum qualifications required to perform this job)
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Deployment Engineering
- Expertise with variety of build release and management process such as GIT, SVN
- Experience with build automation tools (Team City/ Hudson, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of build release and configuration management practices, including branch-based development and patch/merging oriented work flow.
- Proficient in Subversion, Linux and Unix systems administration
- Strong scripting and automation skills including shell and one or more Perl, Python, bash or similar language.
- Proficient with bug tracking system like Jira
- Experience with GNU Make, autoconf, ANT
- Familiarity with J2EE application development experience
- Familiarity with J2EE-stack application servers (i.e. Tomcat)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services preferred
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline.
Autodesk, Inc. is a design software and services company. The Company offers products and solutions to customers in the architectural, engineering and construction, manufacturing, geospatial mapping, and digital media and entertainment markets. The Company's two-dimension (2D) horizontal design solutions include AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT. In addition, it offers a range of 2D and 3D discipline-specific design and documentation tools. The Company is organized into four reportable operating segments: Platform Solutions and Emerging Business and Other (PSEB), which accounted for 44% of its net revenue during the year ended January 31, 2009 (fiscal 2009), Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC), which accounted for 23% of its net revenue in fiscal 2009, Manufacturing Solutions (MSD), which accounted for 21% of its net revenue in fiscal 2009, and Media and Entertainment (M&E), which accounted for 11% of its net revenue in fiscal 2009.