Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
You will design and execute ongoing programs of experimentation and study which inform each of these efforts. You will work closely with software engineers to create innovative randomized experiments within the constraints of production software systems. You will seek out hidden and valuable correlations between the easily-measurable and the hard-to-quantify, within immense volumes of real-world data. You will formulate quantitative metrics which allow us to track our progress, and then devise creative measurement and audit solutions which allow us to track those metrics with minimal cost and human effort. You will provide input into business and technical direction, steering broader solutions in support of these objectives. This role is expected to push the boundaries of measurability without sacrificing rigor.
- Work closely with management, software engineering leaders, and business teams to plan catalog data improvements so as to maximize customer improvement impact.
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to integrate experimental capabilities into large-scale, highly complex Amazon production systems.
- Report results in a manner which is both statistically rigorous and compellingly relevant.
- Assist in recruiting, mentoring, developing, and training other Research Scientists as well as other technical roles when needed.
Basic Qualifications :
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or in a field of experimental science.
- Theory and practice of Design of Experiments and statistical analysis of results.
- Experience using operations research techniques for solution optimization and continuous process improvement.
- Programming skills sufficient to extract, transform, and clean large (multi-TB) data sets in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Proficiency in a statistics package such as SPSS, SAS, S-PLUS, or R.
Preferred Qualifications :
- PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or in a field of experimental science.
- Familiar with the techniques and limitations of observational studies.
- Familiar with theory and practice of information retrieval, relevance, machine learning, and data mining.
- Skilled at data visualization and presentation.
- Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of Computer Science.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
- Energy and willingness to formulate, test, and discard or revise many hypotheses to help Amazon improve its product catalog.
- Strong desire to push your ideas into production, overcoming obstacles, in order to benefit Amazon's customers.
Amazon, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers. Today, Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, and China (Joyo.com) and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
|Our founder Jeff Bezos established Amazon in his home garage in 1994. In less than a decade, he realized his vision of creating a destination where people can find anything they might want to buy online. Today, Amazon is a Fortune 500 company with seven global websites that offer customers an expanding selection of tens of millions of products across categories ranging from books and music to apparel and home electronics. When Bezos said that “we are a company of builders,” he really meant it. And it’s just as evident today.
|At Amazon, every employee is focused on the customer. It’s a challenging place where business and technology professionals work together to develop innovative solutions to challenging business objectives. Like you, we have an unwavering dedication to productivity, and every employee is challenged to "think like an owner." Find out where you fit in.
|There are many things to consider when deciding on your next employer. At Amazon we offer employees the chance to work with great people, on exciting projects, with a ton of opportunity for growth.
But we also recognize that Amazonians have a life outside of work and need a break every once in a while. That's why we provide a full range of benefits for you and your eligible family members. While the benefits may vary slightly from location to location, these are the basics for full-time, U.S. employees:
- Health Care
- Time Off
- Savings Plans
- Employee Stock
- Relocation Assistance