Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Olympus Communication Technology of America, Inc. (Olympus-CTA), a subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is an R&D center dedicated to creating cutting-edge wireless and networking solutions for Olympus Corporation products. Olympus products are quite varied, but most prominently focused on consumer electronics and medical systems. Our efforts are geared towards producing a variety of technologies, some standards-based, and others proprietary. We are dedicated to the development of innovative solutions with low-power, low cost, high-throughput, and easy-to-use attributes.
San Diego, CA - The Engineer, RFIC (Radio Frequency Integrated Circuit) will be a technical contributor on an RFIC engineering team for R&D prototyping projects specifically related to RF Integrated Circuits. The incumbent will be responsible for contributing and supporting specification, design, implementation, and verification of prototypes for wireless and other R&D projects. EOE M/F/D/V
Requirements and Responsibilities:
* Contribute to the definition of the RFIC architecture of new communication system products and make improvements to existing communication system products.
* Support the development of RF/microwave/mixed-signal integrated circuits from concept to RF Board and circuit design, layout, prototyping, Electro-magnetic wave simulation, and verification.
* Contribute to and execute on the RF/microwave/mixed-signal IC architecture and test plans.
* Contribute to the RF/microwave/mixed-signal IC prototyping with other members of the engineering team ensuring that production is completed in a timely manner.
* Provide judgment and analysis for R&D and prototyping of RF integrated circuits, verifying and evaluating the prototypes.
* Resolve complex technical issues and conduct research.
* Contribute to the development of Antennas from concept to design, simulation, and measurement.
* Recommend alterations to technology development and improve quality of technology and/or procedures.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering is required; a Master's Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
* A minimum of 2 years of Radio Frequency Integrated Circuit design experience is required or advanced degree with limited or no experience will be considered.
* Must have strong experience in RF/MM/mixed-signal IC design, including IC design tools and simulators, IC layout design, techniques, and verification methodologies.
* Must have strong design experience in RF/mixed-signal circuits, s.t. LNAs, PAs, mixers, filters, PLLs, baseband analogue circuits, and ADC/DACs.
* Some experience in ultra-low power RF/mixed-signal design, s.t. RF in CMOS is essential.
* Must have design, simulation, and measurement experience with antennas and matching circuitry.
* Hands-on experience using quasi-static and full wave EM field solvers, such as CST, is necessary.
* Must have strong prototyping and test capability including schematic capture, PWB layout, and fabrication.
* Must follow and seek direction on work projects as needed.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
* The following physical demand is required:
-Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hours a day
Apply for this job:
Apply for this job online Refer a friend to this job Return to Job Listings
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
Applicant Tracking Software