Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Job Category: Software Engineering: Intl Proj Engineering & Loc
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 842290-117705
Division: Windows Division
The Windows International team is looking for an experienced international Project Manager. Our team is responsible for delivering World-Class products across Windows Services to 100+ target languages and markets. This role is responsible for managing the successful localization of Windows Services Software for global markets through creating localization plan, onboarding localization suppliers and managing localization process execution. This role will engage closely with Windows Services Localization release management, engineering and testing team to deliver the localization service and collaborate with regional teams to deliver the quality of localization.
- Manage the localization schedule for owned project in conjunction with Release Management, IPE and Test functions that ensure high quality International product releases
- Ability to design, develop, and deploy end to end localization workflow to meet agile release cycle requirements
- Drive the ongoing improvements of our end-to-end localization process and workflow
- Collaborate with loc engineering and tools development teams to streamline localization tools and processes in very fast pace release cycles
- Work with team to create localization plans to meet the goal of Windows Services International
- Develop supplier relationships through effective supplier management skill
- College degree required; BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player with interpersonal skills - working closely together with others, keeping them informed, knowledge sharing
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle multiple concurrent releases
- Process oriented with strong analytical and documentation skills
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
Candidates should have experience in a number of areas which include:
- Software internationalization (e.g. globalization, localizability, marketization, localization, etc)
- Depth of understanding towards the internationalization challenges
- Solid knowledge of the software development cycle with proven experience working from initial design to final product release
- Familiar with Microsoft software localization process, builds, tools, and other technology (e.g. MLP, LBA, BuildTracker, LocStudio)
- Demonstrated experience driving for results in a cross-group/team project
- Experience in technology project/supplier management/release management a plus
- Experience with agile process methodology or a desire to define and change existing methodologies is a plus
- Participate in at least one end-to-end ship cycle for a client or web product
- 5+ year experience of program management or localization project management
If you are passionate about shipping products to the world, come join the team where you will have impact to millions of people worldwide!
About Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's software products include operating systems for servers, personal computers and intelligent devices, server applications for distributed computing environments, information worker productivity applications, business solution applications, high-performance computing applications and software development tools and video games. It provides consulting and product support services, and trains and certifies computer system integrators and developers. Microsoft Corporation sells the Xbox 360 video game console and games, the Zune digital music and entertainment device, PC games, and peripherals. The Company has five segments: Client, Server and Tools, the Online Services Business, the Microsoft Business Division, and the Entertainment and Devices Division.In June 2008, the Company acquired Navic Networks. In September 2008, it acquired DATAllegro Inc.