Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology / Information Science / Informatics, Library Science, or Computer Science. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Two years experience working with an integrated library system and web development experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Website development and maintenance principles and practices; web accessibility and usability norms / guidelines.
- Cross-platform Web development and support
- Networking principles
- Integrated library systems
- Database management principles
- User interface issues and information architecture
Demonstrated Skill in:
- Content management system administration;
- [PREFERRED]Custom plugin / module development in Drupal;
- Multiple device / responsive web design;
- Developing and implementing digital information services;
- Communicating technical information to a non-technical audience;
- Database management
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting;
- Project management, consensus building, and problem solving;
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
- Skills to work well both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Skills to quickly troubleshoot and solve technical problems, learn new technologies, work on multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
1. Provides lead technical support for the library's website. Builds, tests, and manages production and development environments. Collaborates with library staff on development, maintenance, and / or redesign issues. Leads the maintenance and continual improvement of delivered services, development environments, system architectures and operational procedures. Monitors and implements appropriate standards and guidelines.
2. Configures, updates, and maintains customization of a content management system for the library's website, including the underlying database infrastructure. Designs and develops web applications in both development and production environments; installs software updates and patches as needed. Develops web functionality to provide optimal experiences for multiple devices using responsive design principles or similar techniques.
3. Manages application software, application infrastructure and third party application environments in the assigned field. This includes installation, upgrades and patches.
FOR MORE DETAILS, AND TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT http://jobs.pcc.edu