Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Overall Purpose of Job:
Under Direct Supervision, using independent judgment within established practices and guidelines, by Management of Fluor or its subsidiaries (indicated as "the Company"), the purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative and technical knowledge and direction for the job functions listed below with the objective of ensuring Fluor's competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
1. Provides assistance to the Lead or Area Lead in duties including but not limited to: develops and monitors schedules, develops and monitors manpower estimate forecasts, participates in equipment and material procurement activities
2. Performs and checks routine basic calculations, specifies simple equipment, and solves problems of simple engineering complexity
3. Reviews drawings, and vendor equipment documentation from both within the discipline as well as from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements and actively seeks resolution
4. Ensures adherence to Industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
5. Participates in people development through mentoring
6. Provides close interface with, and promotes the understanding of, other discipline functions
7. Other related duties/functions as assigned
1. Generally favorable indoor office workspace Basic Job Requirements 1. An accredited Bachelors degree, or equivalent, in Electrical Engineering
2. Course work / experience in electrical / power systems Preferred Qualifications 1. Engineer-In-Training status achievement preferred
2. Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets
3. The use of Discipline Specific software may be required
4. Part time, summer, or internship work experience in the technical aspects of engineering is desirable. Degree Required Yes City (or Nearest City) Aliso Viejo State/Province California Country United States Location Type Office Requisition Number 57014BR
Fluor Corporation (Fluor) is a holding company that, through its subsidiaries, provides engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) and project management services. Fluor serves a number of industries worldwide, including oil and gas, chemical and petrochemicals, transportation, mining and metals, power, life sciences and manufacturing. Fluor is also a primary service provider to the United States Federal Government. It performs operations and maintenance activities for major industrial clients, and also operates and maintains their equipment fleet. The Company is aligned into five principal operating segments: Oil and Gas, Industrial and Infrastructure, Government, Global Services and Power. Fluor Constructors International, Inc., which is organized and operates separately from its business segments, provides unionized management, construction and management services in the United States and Canada, both independently and as a subcontractor on projects to its segments.