Disney Interactive Media Group is currently expanding its BI Technology Platform and reporting capabilities. Our games studios use data every day to make better games. Be a part of an amazing cross-functional team, infusing Disney's office with a Silicon Valley culture of rapid innovation and development.
The successful candidate will possess a work style that promotes progress through collaborative teamwork in a dynamic environment. Must be enthusiastically committed to delivering world-class technology solutions and the highest levels of customer service, be committed to continual process, product and performance improvements, be able to communicate with confidence, clarity, and honesty, take initiative and assume ownership of a wide variety of systems, processes & deliverables.
We are looking for a talented Manager in BI Engineering team to help design, build and maintain analysis systems used to process large amount of data daily. The analysis system includes an event logging tier, event stream processing machines, Hadoop cluster, Analytic data warehouse, web reporting tools that support dozens of live games and hundreds of internal end users. This position requires a strong technology background, excellent communication skills, and experience in developing enterprise scale analytics applications. Successful candidates must be action oriented, capable of working on concurrent complex projects and able to communicate clearly and effectively to cross-functional teams and business audiences. Responsibilities The Manager, BI Technology is a key technology partner for the Disney Games business to meet their Reporting and Analytics needs. Responsibility includes:
- Owning, enhancing, and operating an enterprise level BI environment
- Driving the technical development of business reports and reporting applications for Disney Games & Online and other Disney Branded Business Units.
- Managing and developing a team of permanent and temporary resources ranging from 4-7 people.
- Creating an industry leading BI architecture.
- Working with application owners to develop processes to source data.
- Assisting with data modeling for reporting around a variety of data
- Interface with representatives of both business and technical groups on requirements and delivery of solutions.
- Interfacing with operations on software updates and operational issues/escalations.
- Driving disciplined software development practices within the team.
- Ensuring projects are completed on schedule with high quality on or below budget.
- Manage and develop team to perform at a high level.
- Identifying problems with reporting platform and drive through resolution.
- Working with project management to establish engineering rigor, simplify process, and enabling management at a program level.
- Managing relationships with vendors in the BI space.
- Evangelize BI program both internally and externally, including speaking engagements.
- Communicating with project business owners &management team about status/direction of projects.
- Overseeing project communication with project business owners.
- Identifying problems with reporting platform and drive through resolution Basic Qualifications - BS or MS degree in Computer Science or technology-related field; or equivalent experience.
- 3-7 years of experience in BI/Analytics space.
- 3+ years managing a BI/Analytics/DW Reporting environment with specific focus in developing highly scalable web and/or enterprise technology projects.
- 3+ years team management experience. Preferred Qualifications SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
Self-motivated, energetic, detail oriented team player passionate about producing high quality BI & analytics deliverables and thrives in a collaborative environment.
Experience working in an enterprise environment with multiple customers including senior management in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Experience managing traditional and virtual teams running multiple concurrent projects.
Experience overseeing multiple concurrent projects.
Experience working in a large company or in client services capacity preferred.
Strong communication skills and proven success interfacing with both business and technology partners.
Experience leading development, migration and testing around reporting systems.
Experience creating operational support standards, templates and processes around reporting systems.
Experience with media, entertainment, games or internet business models desired.
Hands-on experience with the technical development of business system reports and the reporting data marts to support them.
Functional knowledge of OLTP and OLAP architectures, methods and processes as they relate to architecting Data Warehouse Reporting solutions.
Familiarity with Data Warehouse platforms and data acquisition processes (ETL) and development tools (ex. Talend, Informatica).
Extensive experience with and knowledge of multiple Data Warehouse/Data Mart architectures including various MPP and SMP database systems. VLDB experience with multiple relational databases such as Vertica, Netezza, Teradata, DB2 , Infobright, Asterdata, Geenplum.
Experience owning and operating enterprise DW and Web Analytics platforms; including hands-on experience in scripting languages (Shell, Python, PHP, Perl) to manipulate data, develop tools and automate process in unix/linux environment.
Proficiency on OOT development, testing and deployment with C++/Java.
Expert level understanding of Data Modeling and Data Warehouse implementation, management, and performance tuning.
Deep understanding of multiple reporting tools (ex. MicroStrategy, Tableau) and how to leverage for effective Data Warehouse implementation using these tools.
Strong expertise with administering and maintaining BI/DW application platforms on a 64 bit UNIX/Linux environment desired.
Excellent and through knowledge of SQL skills required for both troubleshooting, optimizing and to providing support of the Data warehouse/BI environment on Tableau as well as to generate Ad-Hoc queries and reports on OLTP systems based on business requirements.
Functional knowledge of distributed analytic processing technologies (Hadoop, Pig, Scribe, Active MQ, Hive, MapReduce, etc) desired
Project, Process, Implementation Skills & Experience
Experience contributing to project task prioritization, planning, estimating work assignment, & quality assurance at every stage of a project.
Experience with end-to-end implementation, and maintenance of a multi-Terabyte DW Environment in a Fortune 1000 corporation strongly desired.
Experience with technical proof of concept initiatives strongly preferred.
5-7 years software development experiences on distributed and high availability systems.
Experience in programming algorithm using compiled language and script languages.
Experience with development processes and lifecycles in a technology organization.
Excellent ability to develop rapid prototyping and building stable, maintainable code.
Understanding of agile development process. Required Education - BS or MS degree in Computer Science or technology-related field; or equivalent experience.