Position: Systems Administrator
Type: Contract- 12 months
Location: Mountain View, CA 94043
Our client is looking for a Software Support Engineer/System Administrator ideally experienced with hardware. In this critical position, you will be part of exciting as well as new fast-paced projects. Your role will include working as a team with mechanical, hardware and software engineers to tackle challenging design issues while improving existing manufacturing processes. In direct contact with engineers, you will be involved in the entire life cycle of several products, from early prototyping to full production and worldwide deployment.
The most successful candidate for the role will have strong experience maintaining remote
Linux systems and implementing tools (functional tests, GUI, dashboards...) for technicians to perform comprehensive tests during the manufacturing process and for manufacturing engineers to keep track of abnormal yield. The candidate should be very familiar with computer hardware (assembly, testing/evaluation, specifying systems...). An experience in hardware bring up and overall qualification of hardware (environmental testing, EMI, certification...) is a clear plus.
Client Description: Take this opportunity to consider joining one of the world's most successful organizations! They focus on innovation and smart business practices, and as they continue to grow, they are committed to retaining a small-company feel.
- Setup, customize and maintain Linux Operating Systems for prototypes and
- production systems
- Setup and maintain LANs and remote Access of work stations at 3rd party vendors
- In collaboration with hardware and hardware test engineers implement functional
- and burn-in tests for internal use as well as for 3rd party vendors
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems, build tools to improve current
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or IT degree with 3 years of experience (in lieu of degree, 6 years of relevant work experience)
- Very proficient in Shell Script
- Proficient in at least one of the following language: Python, Java, C/C++, Matlab
- Familiar with at least one of following UI technology: HTML/CSS, OpenGL, QT,Tkinter, Tcl/Tk
- Experience working in multidisciplinary small team
- Experience with hardware bring up
- Experience with setting up assembly lines and associated software testing tools
- Personal projects that show aptitude for some Front End engineering, website
- administration is a plus (AppEngine, GWT...)
- Experience with Git or Perforce
For immediate consideration please contact Vanessa Princi
Synergis is a woman-owned company that serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognitions by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Recently named the Best Place to Work in Atlanta by the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 10 years.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.