Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
At MDC Holdings and Richmond American Homes, our Team Members have been making dreams of home ownership come true for families across the nation for over three decades. Superior quality and value have always set us apart… but it's the personalized customer service at each stage of the home purchase that truly gives us an edge.
We are seeking a qualified Interactive Web Designer to join our team. In this position you'll be helping homebuyers realize the American Dream of home ownership through your creative front-end design and interactive development of web-based projects for the National Marketing department. We need a superstar with a keen eye for online design, a strong understanding of user experience, and the client-side technical skills to create responsive designs for mobile, tablet, and desktop delivery. Please be prepared to demonstrate and explain the design and technical details behind your own responsive design examples.
In order to succeed as our Interactive Web Designer, you need to possess these skills and personal qualities:
- Expert level knowledge of cascading style sheets (CSS) with the use of advanced media queries
- W3C Standard HTML knowledge including semantic mark-up and emerging HTML5 standards
- Strong understanding of browser technologies, standards support, and cross-browser coding
- Passionate about staying current with evolving web trends and new technology
- Creative modern design skills that can adhere to established brand standards using professional software suites (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experienced in creating responsive design layouts and using progressive enhancement to provide the best end-user experience for mobile, tablet, and desktop devices
- Approaches the design process from the end-user perspective and uses that knowledge to enhance the overall user experience and prioritize usability
- Positive can-do attitude and ability to thrive within a fun team environment
- 2 to 4 year college degree in Art, Computer Science, or related discipline (or comparable work experience)
It would be great if you had these additional traits as well so you can hit the ground running:
- Experience working with Web Developers in the ASP.NET framework
- Familiarity with the Agile development methodology and producing iterative work in defined sprint cycles
Our successful history in this industry comes from developing a culture that rewards employees for hard work, perseverance and integrity. We have high expectations for employee performance that produces positive business results and a performance management system that measures activities objectively. Additionally, our organization has a strong commitment to compliance with operational standards that all employees must adhere to. This philosophy has helped to not just make us an industry leader but also a place where people are challenged, encouraged and supported to make a positive impact every day. In addition to our competitive compensation, an attractive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) are just some of the features available to you.
If you are ready for more than a job and seek a career with one of the most respected organizations in a top industry then we want to hear from you. Please also visit our website at www.richmondamerican.com for more information.
MDC Holdings, Inc. / Richmond American Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer