Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Title: IT Support Intern
Department: IT Global Operations
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Reports To: IT Support Manager
Job Description Overview
Ariba, Inc. is the leading provider of collaborative business commerce solutions. Ariba combines industry-leading software as a service (SaaS) technology to optimize the complete commerce lifecycle with the world's largest web-based community to discover, connect and collaborate with a global network of trading partners, delivering everything needed to control costs, minimize risk, improve profits and enhance cash flow and operations - all in a cloud-based environment. Whether you're buying, selling or managing cash, you can do it more efficiently and effectively in the Ariba® Commerce Cloud. Over 300,000 companies, including more than 90 percent of the Fortune 100, use Ariba's solutions to drive more efficient inter-enterprise commerce.
Ariba IT is currently looking for a paid intern for the IT Support team. Individual must have outstanding communications skills (speaking, listening, written, etc.), superior customer support, learn quickly and be a team player. Intern candidate must be working toward an AS/BS degree in Computer Science or related field and be available to work 20 - 30 hours a week Monday -Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Field incoming help desk requests from internal customers via telephone, ticket system and e-mail in a courteous and timely manner.
- Prioritize and schedule problem resolution. Escalate issues (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from internal customers.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft OS (XP, 2000)/OfficeXP/2003, installation and support.
- Ability to provide telephone/on-site support to local and remote corporate users.
- Ability to perform installations and configurations of PC hardware and software.
- Assist internal customers with issues involving desktop hardware, operating system, application and networking issues.
- Track and deploy IT asset inventory.
- Assist in shipping of equipment (laptops, servers, etc…).
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Must be able to lift items > 50lbs.
- Must be working toward an AS/BS degree in Computer Science or related field and be available to work 20 - 30 hours a week Monday -Friday
Ariba, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.
Ariba Inc. (Ariba) is engaged in providing spend management solutions allow enterprises to take a step-by-step approach with products and services that work together. The solutions combine on-demand software, category expertise and services to help companies automate the procurement process. The solutions include Ariba Visibility Solutions, Ariba Sourcing Solutions, Ariba Contract Management Solutions, Ariba Procurement and Expense Solutions, Ariba Invoice and Payment Solutions and Ariba Supplier Management Solutions. On December 17, 2007, Ariba acquired Procuri, Inc. (Procuri) a privately held provider of on-demand supply management solutions.