Developer (.NET, CMS)
Frontier Communications is seeking an exceptional Software Developer for its Allen, Texas, or Rochester, New York design & development centers. We are seeking a talented developer who is passionate about building best-in-class customer-facing e-commerce web sites. This developer will work with a small but very creative and technically gifted team which will use state-of-the-art tools and technologies to dramatically transform and extend frontier.com, Frontier's main sales and e-commerce site for its five million residential customers, and a number of other mission-critical web sites. This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in a major web development project. This developer will collaborate with colleagues to define requirements, architect, design, implement, and test major components for this portal, using Microsoft .NET technologies. This agile team is focused on continuous site improvement based on evolving requirements, user feedback, site metrics, and usage/revenue targets.
- Design and implement server-side and client-side (front-end) components and enhancements, especially extensions to the Content Management System (CMS)
- Collaborate with the team to develop and evolve a very intuitive User Experience, incorporating input from colleagues, site metrics, and user feedback
- Identify and investigate key requirements and solutions
- Work closely with architects and developers from Frontier's infrastructure IT teams to integrate customer-facing web sites with Frontier's enterprise systems
- Deliver software of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail, clever use of automated testing, and thorough unit/system testing
- Deliver components on aggressive schedules
- Collaborate with other members of the product development team throughout the development lifecycle
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field is preferred
- 3+ years experience in software development
- 2+ years developing in ASP.NET / C#.NET
- 1+ years working with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working with and developing custom extensions for a CMS
- Background in Web Services and related technologies (XML, JSON, SOAP, RESTful)
- Strong ability to develop and analyze requirements and to design and implement high-quality software solutions to meet those requirements
- Solid object-oriented design, programming, and debugging skills
- Proficient in leveraging development tools - source code mgmt, IDEs, and debuggers
- Proven track record for project delivery
- Highly motivated self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from others and to share skills with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience developing and deploying enterprise-class web sites
- Experience working in N-Tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) and with Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA).
- Experience in database design, SQL, stored procedures, query performance analysis, and query optimization
- Experience in site scalability, performance analysis, optimization, and SEO
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Microsoft certifications are a plus
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is an S&P 500 company and is included in the FORTUNE 500 list of America's largest corporations. Frontier offers broadband, voice, satellite video, wireless Internet data access, entertainment services like TumTiki.com, data security solutions through Frontier Secure, bundled offerings and specialized bundles for residential customers, small businesses and home offices and advanced communications for medium and large businesses in 27 states. Frontier's approximately 14,400 employees are based entirely in the United States. Find out more about our company, product offerings and financial results at www.frontier.com and view our exciting career opportunities at www.frontier.com/careers.
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation is an S&P 500 telephone company included in the FORTUNE 500 list of America’s largest corporations and is recognized as the sixth largest local exchange carrier in the country. In addition to local and long-distance telephone service, Frontier offers broadband Internet, digital television service, and computer technical support to residential and business customers in 27 states.
Ours is a nurturing culture that mentors its personnel in an effort to ensure they receive the necessary support for success. At Frontier you’ll find a corporate culture that respects your contributions and embraces what makes each of us unique.
Here, you’ll become an integral member of a fast-paced environment that’s a perfect fit for those who are customer-focused and welcome accountability.
Frontier believes that you deserve to be rewarded for your contributions to our shared success, which is reflected in a competitive array of benefits that can be customized to meet the unique needs of you and your family: medical, dental, vision and income protection insurances. Additionally, there’s generous time off, 401(k) savings with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Discover how our consistent growth can support your professional and financial ambitions.