Frontier Communications is looking for a talented senior software engineer to fulfill a solutions architecture role for our customer facing web applications. This architect will be responsible for design, architecture, integration, and guiding the development team to implement best practice industry standard principles and design patterns such as SOA, MVC, etc. The position will require extensive expertise and experience in front-end, middle-tier, and backend development with both Microsoft technologies and Enterprise Content Management Systems.
To be considered for this position, you require the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Experience designing and implementing Enterprise Service Orientated Architectures
- Experience implementing consistent design principles at all application layers such as client, BLL, service stack, and backend
- Experience implementing Test Driven Development for large scale enterprise web applications
- Experience implementing an Enterprise Content Management System
- 3+ years of experience implementing or working with the Model-View-Controller design pattern in enterprise web applications
- 5+ years of experience mentoring and leading developers
- 7+ years of recent experience with the C# programming language and .NET framework.
- 7+ years of experience developing enterprise applications using most or all of the following: ASP.Net, MVC, C#, LINQ, ADO.Net / ORM (Entity Framework preferred), XML, AJAX and JQUERY
- Experience using VCS such as Subversion, or Team Foundation Server
- 5+ years of experience with SQL databases, including T-SQL and creation/use of stored procedures and triggers
- Understanding of UML
- OOA/OOD skills
- Experience writing and deploying WCF web services
- Familiarity with tools and methodologies supporting application design and development including unit testing, database versioning and change control, code reviews, scrum
- Strong communication both verbal and written, excellent organizational skills, proven experience in collaboration with teams to achieve end result
- Ability to work in fast-paced Agile environment to deliver requirements on specified dates
- Work very well independently, with strong self-direction and initiative, as well as within a team structure
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
Design and implement business logic using the C# programming language. Implement architectural components to specifications using the C# programming language. Design and implement server-side code to support GUI implementations using the C# language in an ASP.NET or MVC3 web application including MVC controllers and/or web services. Interact with Business Analysts and the user community during the development process. Produce all technical documentation and design using modeling tools. Identify problems uncovered by testing or user feedback and correct problems.
Provides direction to Lead Developers, Developers, and QA Testers. Responsible for overall design, architecture, stability, and performance of the web application.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation is an S&P 500 telephone company included in the FORTUNE 500 list of America’s largest corporations and is recognized as the sixth largest local exchange carrier in the country. In addition to local and long-distance telephone service, Frontier offers broadband Internet, digital television service, and computer technical support to residential and business customers in 27 states.
Ours is a nurturing culture that mentors its personnel in an effort to ensure they receive the necessary support for success. At Frontier you’ll find a corporate culture that respects your contributions and embraces what makes each of us unique.
Here, you’ll become an integral member of a fast-paced environment that’s a perfect fit for those who are customer-focused and welcome accountability.
Frontier believes that you deserve to be rewarded for your contributions to our shared success, which is reflected in a competitive array of benefits that can be customized to meet the unique needs of you and your family: medical, dental, vision and income protection insurances. Additionally, there’s generous time off, 401(k) savings with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Discover how our consistent growth can support your professional and financial ambitions.