Perform software coding, testing, debugging, documentation and installation tasks for on-line processes in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards.
Contribute to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
Participate in the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective application solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements.
Support production Legacy applications.
Responsibilities and Functions:
Responsibilities for this position include: conducting analysis of client business processes, responsible for managing the project life cycle including: requirements gathering, technical analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance.
This position requires the ability to coordinate well with a team as well as show personal initiative and take ownership of projects.
Development in accordance with industry standards and best practices is a must.
Be involved in research and implementation of new technologies or workflows to improve the efficiency of the organization.
Help with design and development decisions, providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior team members.
Provide off-hour support as assigned.
Extensive knowledge and understanding of Object-Oriented design concepts.
Extensive hands-on experience in development of Java J2EE applications; utilizing object-oriented design, n-tier architecture and MVC frameworks.
Extensive experience in Java technology frameworks including: Struts 1/2, Spring, JUnit, JDBC, JPA and Hibernate
Experience with WebLogic Application Server (version 9/10,12)
Strong relational database development capabilities (preferably in Oracle 10g/11g)
Experience in REST/SOAP web-services is a benefit
Experience using source control systems such as VSS, TFS, StarTeam
Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
Ability to work independently with limited supervision
Ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with people from different disciplines and varying degrees of technical experience
Level of Education:
Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science or related field.
Master's degree a plus
Level of Experience:
6-8+ years of experience in real-world Java development
Strong skills required in critical thinking and analysis
Strong skills in verbal and written communications
Understanding of health care business and care delivery processes a plus.
Sun Certified Java Developer a plus
If for a project, what is the scope of the project? Resource will likely be assigned to multiple projects with varying scope.
Top 3 skills needed to succeed in this position:
1. Strong hands on programming experience in real world Java technologies to design, develop, implement and support custom dynamic/database-driven multi-tierd web applications with a focus on Front End design, usability and work-flow architecture.
2. Strong skills required in critical thinking and analysis, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions.
3. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills to research into systems issues and products as required either independently or in a team environment.
Soft skills desired:
1. Ability to work independently with limited supervision
2. Ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with people from different disciplines and varying degrees of technical experience
3. Ability to work on multiple assignments and manage time and competing priorities.
Minimum Educational requirements, is a degree required? Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science or related field. Master's degree a plus.