Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 4,500 employees in 15 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2012 sales of $3.2 billion.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles. Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris and KLIM branded apparel and Polaris accessories and parts. Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder.
THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL ENGINEERING POSITION FOR NEW COLLEGE GRADS and WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM DECEMBER 2013 and MAY 2014 GRADUATES. POSITIONS TO START IN JANUARY or MAY OF 2014. CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DEGREE. CANDIDATES. CONTACT WITH CANDIDATES WILL BE MADE BY OCTOBER 18th, 2013 TO ANY CANDIDATES THAT ARE INVITED TO ONSITE INTERVIEWS.
The Engineering Development Program offers talented engineers the opportunity to engage various parts of the business, interact with management, develop innovative solutions to real business challenges, and begin to understand the bigger picture and where they, as engineers, fit in. This rotational program is designed to accelerate the team member's development by exposing them to Polaris' technical businesses through a variety of critical assignments and targeted technical training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participate in a two-year Engineer Development Program by working in four - six month, select engineering skill development assignments in the areas of Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering which are two of the required rotations. Other options include Project, Test or Development Engineering along with the alternatives of Dealer Development, Sales or Product Management.
2. Each assignment provides challenging developmental opportunities that enhance participants' leadership skills and augment their technical capabilities.
3. EDP members will have the opportunity to experience a range of engineering roles such as designing and improving products and processes, reducing costs and improving quality.
4. Team members will learn to work closely with other functions to integrate product designs for manufacturability, reliability and serviceability, while providing optimal customer centric products for Polaris.
5. Participants have the chance to demonstrate their competence on complex projects and cross-functional task teams.
6. Technical training classes and projects will help the member enhance their engineering core competencies.
7. EDP members will combine their hands on experiences and in depth training with career mentoring, providing them with all the tools necessary to have a successful career in technology with an expressed desire to obtain a technical leadership role.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- College degree - BS or MS in Electrical Engineering;
- Superior undergraduate academic record - 3.00 GPA or higher;
- Proven academic success;
- Proven strength in analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation and leadership;
- The drive to actively contribute to both personal and company-wide goals through creative and innovative thinking.
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience required in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience with SAE programs desired.
- Education and/or experience in applying embedded controllers
- Highly developed computer skills using electrical engineering and MS office software
- Fundamental software programming skills
- Basic Analog and digital Circuit analysis and design
- Engineering problem solving approach
- Experience with Mechanical systems and engines.
Nice to have:
- Basic electric machine and magnetics skills
- Power electronics skills a strong plus
- Test & simulation a strong plus
- Background in control theory
Must be willing to travel and relocate amongst sites for the rotations with at least one rotation completed in each of the Roseau, MN and Wyoming, MN locations.
Send to a Friend
Send This Job to a Friend
Side x Side
Parts, Apparel &
Apparel & Accessories
Up My Account
2011 Polaris Industries, Inc. All rights
About Polaris Industries
Polaris Industries Inc. (Polaris) designs, engineers and manufactures off-road vehicles (ORV), which includes all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and side-by-side vehicles for recreational and utility use, snowmobiles and motorcycles, and markets them, together with related replacement parts, garments and accessories (PG&A) through dealers and distributors principally located in the United States, Canada and Europe. Polaris products are sold through a network of 1,500 independent dealers in North America, and through its seven subsidiaries and 43 distributors in approximately 130 countries outside of North America. Polaris sells its snowmobiles directly to dealers in the snowbelt regions of the United States and Canada. Many dealers and distributors of Polaris snowmobiles also distribute Polaris' ATVs. In May 2009, Polaris announced the creation of On-Road Vehicle Division.