Software Development Engineer
Are you the person on your team who is always looking for the right abstractions to express the solution? Do you enjoy empowering your expert customers to be directly involved in the software creation process? Have you ever created an API, tool, or domain-specific language that increased productivity by more than 100%? Do you believe that code generation can greatly increase productivity and quality? Have you proven it? If so, we are looking for people like you to join our team.
Intentional Software Corporation (ISC) has been building the world’s leading language workbench technology. Our software captures the intention and knowledge of our customer’s top experts in a language they can understand. Our software uses domain-specific languages and graphical input tools that can transform knowledge allowing each expert to work in their own domain without having to write software. Ultimately it creates a wide variety of software applications, custom domain workbenches, documentation and other artifacts.
We are now applying our technology to create domain-specific workbenches for customers with high-value problems that no one else can solve. Current projects are focused on providing modeling environments and languages for various domains including manufacturing and healthcare.
You should have experience or coursework with the following skills:
- Software design and coding skills
- Exceptional domain analysis skills
- Strong history of achievement building complex software products
- Fluency in one or more of the following: C, C++, C# and .NET
- BS or MS in Computer Science is desirable
Experience or interest working with any of the following techniques and technologies will be a plus:
- Compiler construction
- Parsing, lexing, grammar construction
- Code generation
- Declarative programming
- Programming language theory
- Concurrent programming
- Knowledge representation (KR)
- Semantic web stores and reasoners
- Graph databases
- Model Based Software Engineering
- Distributed revision control
- C++ template meta-programming