Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
**Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a Secret or Top Secret clearance**
QUALCOMM's Government Technologies (QGOV) is a unique division within QUALCOMM that partners with the US government to bring the latest in new and innovative commercial technologies to the government space. Members of the SI&T department have a wide range of software and systems integration and test skills, enjoy growing their skills through challenging assignments, and are passionate about their work.
As a System Integration and Test (SI&T) Engineer, possible projects you will be responsible for include:
- Develop applications for reading various cellular handset files
- Develop Java applications for cellular handsets
- Develop PC-based GUI to communicate with the handset application
- Strong desire to learn how to write and develop System Test Plans and Test Procedures
- Learn how to automate Test Procedures and write Test scripts
- Learn how to setup and help setup a Lab test environment and understand the System Under Test (SUT)
- Strong interest in Integration and troubleshooting type of work
- Strong interest in executing test procedures and test scripts (on the SUT) and document results
- Be part of a team that executes tests in the Field. Help in performing Field testing.
- Learn different test tools and learn how to operate different test equipment including diagnostic type of tools
- Be a System Integration and Test (SI&T) team member and execute part and/or all of the various tasks described above and within the SI&T cycle
Formal education or experience in software design and development. Familiarity with: Java, C/C++/C# development. May also use Python, Perl, and/or .NET. Experience with embedded software and a familiarity with real-time operating systems a plus. Familiarity with wireless systems and protocols including CDMA/UMTS/LTE is a plus.
Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience troubleshooting files ChanceApplicator or
QUALCOMM Incorporated, incorporated in 1985, designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services based on its code division multiple access (CDMA) technology and other technologies. The Company operates through four segments: Qualcomm CDMA Technologies (QCT); Qualcomm Technology Licensing (QTL); Qualcomm Wireless & Internet (QWI), and Qualcomm Strategic Initiatives (QSI). QCT is a developer and supplier of integrated circuits and system software for wireless voice and data communications, multimedia functions and global positioning. QTL grants licenses to use portions of its intellectual property portfolio, which includes certain patent rights essential to and/or useful in the manufacture and sale of CDMA products. In December 2007, the Company acquired San SoftMax Inc. In March 2008, the Company acquired Xiam Technologies Limited (Xiam), an Ireland-based provider of wireless content targeting solutions.