Java Development Engineer We are looking for Java Developers who are passionate about creating quality software and can appreciate:
Portland, OR or Seattle, WA
• Contributing to the success of a company committed to the highest quality, game-changing products
• An environment where everything you touch gets put into production
• Delivering the best product by adopting the best Agile processes
• Small SCRUM teams wherein your input has nothing to do with your title or rank but everything to do with your engineering chops
• Short feedback loops with product owners
• 3 week iterations You can look forward to the following responsibilities:
• Analysis and conceptual design of projects
• Assisting or leading the technical direction for implementation of projects
• Coordinating and/ or participation in design activity with other team members
• Acting as a resource to test, design, and write code for production quality software
• Keeping technically abreast of trends and advancements within area of specialization, incorporating these improvements where applicable
• Providing technical direction and guidance to less senior staff Required Education and Experience:
• BS degree or equivalent in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field is preferred
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience
• Strong knowledge of Java and J2EE related technologies (JVM, JMS, Servlets etc.) and EDI
• Knowledge and experience with Internet technologies and protocols (e.g. HTML, XML, TCP/IP, HTTP)
• Strong knowledge of creating or being part of creating high availability large volume systems
• Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle
• Experience in OOAD principles and methodologies
• Exposure to frameworks like Struts, Hibernate and Spring
• Experience with more advanced programming environments and concepts highly desired (e.g. J2EE, multi-threaded programming, high availability design etc.)
• Exposure to code control system and build tools (Maven/Ant)
• Solid understanding of design patterns (Gang of Four)
• Exposure to and desire to work in, a strong team-based environment
• Knowledge/ exposure to modern Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, TDD and XP
• Knowledge and experience with unit testing practices desired
• Experience/exposure to Test Driven Development and Simple Design This position is available at levels I – IV DOE.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.