At Kaiser Permanente Information Technology (KPIT), you join a team of business and technology professionals dedicated to delivering care in the form of information that will literally change the course of health care. KPIT is a group of 6,000-plus people dedicated to supporting and improving healthcare for its members, and to delivering 24x7 IT services to 150K employees across 400+ medical facilities. Every technology we design, every system we maintain, supports the health and well-being of our 8.6 million members.
Are you looking for an Internship where you will:
• participate in building a new tool/market category that many large IT organizations are attempting to build?
• be exposed to IT services offerings and work with a cross-functional team to develop standard tiered offerings?
• develop the consultative skills involved in influencing behavior and building consensus around new ideas?
• hone your writing and cost management skills?
• learn how technology is changing the way health care is delivered?
If you are, then this is a position is for you!
We are looking for dynamic individuals who are interested in working within a healthcare environment with an emphasis on technology.
As part of a team under close supervision, Interns will assist in performing a variety of developmental assignments and learn new business tools. In addition, you will participate in enrichment activities for your professional development.
What we do
Print Services has the responsibility to provide services that includes but is not limited to the design, integration, transition and operation to deliver output for mission critical health care applications. Our job is to ensure reliable output for all applications relying on patient care. We support major applications such as KP Health Connect, Lab Systems, Pharmacy Systems and many more. Kaiser Permanente has over 150,000 print devices installed throughout the enterprise that rely on our team to support patient care.
Who we are
We are professionals who strive to enhance KP's ability to provide reliable and sustainable output solutions in support of health care by adopting and integrating emerging technological trends within the health care industry.
This internship includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Creation of a web application which provides the ability to search and download our standard print driver
• Inventory existing print drivers on 800+ print servers
• Code and test the user interface to ensure the web application meets the provided design specifications
• Attend workshops that bring together subject matter experts to discuss recommendations that you will assist in creating
• Performing additional job-related duties as required.
• A current upper class undergraduate student at an accredited college or university.
• Ability to articulate complex technical concepts to field personnel
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in teams
• Experience in software design, coding and debugging
• Knowledge of Windows operating systems
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• In an undergraduate Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Network Engineering, Engineering or Mathematics is preferred
• Web application development experience.
• Benefit to possess knowledge of Linux, Unix, or AIX, although it is not essential
• A broad understanding of technology.
: California-Corona-Corona Data Center Admin 1830 California Ave.
Please click the Apply button below (which will take you to Kaiser's career section) for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 158994. Principals only. Kaiser Permanente is an EEO/AA Employer.
If you would like to hear the Kaiser Permanente story as told by our employees, watch the videos at kp.org/jobs/video. Follow us on twitter.com/KPCareers or visit the KP Careers tab on facebook.com/KPThrive.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.