At Kaiser Permanente Information Technology (KPIT), you join a team of business and technology professionals dedicated to delivering care in the form of information that will literally change the course of health care. KPIT is a group of 6,000-plus people dedicated to supporting and improving healthcare for its members, and to delivering 24x7 IT services to 150K employees across 400+ medical facilities. Every technology we design, every system we maintain, supports the health and well-being of our 8.6 million members.
Are you looking for an Internship where you will:
• participate in building a new tool/market category that many large IT organizations are attempting to build?
• be exposed to IT services offerings and work with a cross-functional team to develop standard tiered offerings?
• develop the consultative skills involved in influencing behavior and building consensus around new ideas?
• hone your writing and cost management skills?
• learn how technology is changing the way health care is delivered?
If you are, then this is a position is for you!
We are looking for dynamic individuals who are interested in working within a healthcare environment with an emphasis on technology.
As part of a team under close supervision, Interns will assist in performing a variety of developmental assignments and learn new business tools. In addition, you will participate in enrichment activities for your professional development.
The IDS team is looking for an intern to help develop web-based reporting solutions and assist with the creation of a centralized data warehouse. Integrating information from across the enterprise is a key role of the IDS team.
Good decisions require good information, and there is an increasing demand for tools which will provide that information. As an IDS Intern, you will have the opportunity to help create these tools. You will also have the opportunity to assist in the design and implementation of a data warehouse, which will combine data from numerous sources into a single repository.
Your job will be to collaborate with IDS team members and subject matter experts to rapidly deliver the right information at the right time to the right person.
Excellent communication skills, motivation, flexibility, and the ability to self-teach are all critical to success in this role.
·Help create automated reports to deliver actionable information which enable effective business decisions.
·Propose solutions leveraging appropriate toolsets following thorough analysis of requirements and data sources.
·Experience with UI design, coding in C#, and writing SQL stored procedures.
·Data analysis using OLAP tools.
·Data architecture, to include data modeling, development and reporting.
·Creation and maintenance of ETL packages.
·Contribute to project timelines, budgets, and justifications.
- A current graduate student at an accredited college or university.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Ability to articulate complex technical and financial concepts to a non-IT business audience.
- Strong business analysis skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills with the ability to construct a wide variety of well-written business communications and present to various levels of management in large group or one-on-one settings.
- Leadership potential.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, and without formal training.
- Ability to communicate ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with a wide range of database technologies, including SQL Server, DB2, and Oracle.
- Experience with web development, OLAP technology, ETL technology, and data warehousing.
· Experience with MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
· Experience with ASP.NET development and IIS hosting.
· Experience with MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
· Experience with MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
· Data Warehousing experience
· UI Design
· ASP.NET/C# coding
: California-Pasadena-Green Street/IDS 99 S. Oakland Ave.
Please click the Apply button below (which will take you to Kaiser's career section) for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 159002. Principals only. Kaiser Permanente is an EEO/AA Employer.
If you would like to hear the Kaiser Permanente story as told by our employees, watch the videos at kp.org/jobs/video. Follow us on twitter.com/KPCareers or visit the KP Careers tab on facebook.com/KPThrive.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.