Intel offers BS, MS and PhD Software opportunities in the following technical disciplines:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering - Software Specialization, incl. Physics
- Electrical Engineering
Typical Graduate Technical Intern scope might include:
- Creating new applications
- Application optimization
- Core system UI
- Visualization and parallel computing
- Open Source, Firmware, Bios, Signal Processing
- Communications - Enabling for Intel Platforms
- Power and Performance Optimization
- Core development work
- Virtualization and Security
- Sensors - Other platform support
- Compilers, performance tools
- System Integration
- Test Automation
- Test Case Design
- Distribution Infrastructure
Additional qualifications include:
- Solid grounding in computer architecture, IA knowledge a plus
Many software jobs at Intel are related to hardware support and optimization
- Solid grounding in computer science
With focused expertise in one or more areas
- Some practical experience
Internships, open source project work, etc.
- Ability to work in multi-geo / multi-site environment
- Strong communication skills
What you can expect:
- Internships are typically 3 to 12 month full time assignments at a major Intel site.
- Compensation: Includes competitive base salary, two bonus programs, stock grants and purchase programs, a profit share retirement plan, 401(k) retirement plan, and relocation assistance for qualified distances.
- Benefits: Several medical, dental and vision plans to chose from, 3 weeks vacation, 10 paid holidays, 8 weeks paid sabbatical every 7 years, free beverages and fruit, health and wellness programs, and much more.
- Integration and Training: Opportunities for job, site, or global movement and advancement opportunities, individualized career development plans, tuition reimbursement for work-related coursework and certifications, and training from a variety of sources including Intel?s My Learning with over 2,400 technical and development courses.
- Work/ Life Balance: Flexible work schedule, networking with Intel Managers and Executives, and social events organized through the RCGnet community group.
- Currently enrolled in a degree / university program.
- MS or PhD candidate in a listed technical discipline.
- BS Candidates must possess legal, unrestricted right to work in the United States without sponsorship from a company.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (convert to 4.0 scale equivalent- blank or <3.0 GPA will not pass screening).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Hillsboro OR, Phoenix AZ, Folsom CA, Santa Clara CA, Austin TX, Rio Rancho NM, Hudson MA, DuPont WA