The Raytheon Corporate IT - Enterprise Solutions Information Services Team has an immediate need for an SOA developer based out of our Garland, TX campus to assist with systems integration development and support of our Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) interfaces utilizing Oracle SOA 11g suite (BPEL, OSB, AIA, Weblogic, etc).
This individual should possess strong technical skills and must work well in a team setting across a distributed work environment.
Responsibilities:Raytheon Company, with 2010 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 89 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 72,000 people worldwide.
- Extend the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) by programming integration pathways between external and internal systems.
- Provide engineering input into the overall architecture of the EAI/SOA solution.
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Project Managers and customers to refine requirements and document technical designs.
- Support detailed reviews of requirements, design and code to ensure maximum use of reusable modules, minimal impact on existing applications and systems, the highest possible overall quality, etc.
- Design and develop the transformation of various data streams, including EDI and XML, into internal and external system formats.
- Test interfaces using SOA console and external test simulation tools.
- Assist in continuous review and enhancement of team procedures to increase the team's effectiveness and efficiency in the support of our clients.
- Support customer application test cycles.
- Participate in Production Support.
- Basic understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Web Services.
- Knowledge of Java or related programming tools and languages.
- Knowledge of Software Development life cycle.
- Knowledge of relational databases (preferably Oracle) and SQL development.
- Ability to work independently, manage small projects or parts of large engagements.
- Strong oral/written communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to learn quickly regarding both Functional and Technical areas and the ability to apply the gained knowledge to integration solutions.
- Strong work ethic and proven perseverance in driving a project or an issue through to completion and obtaining intended result.
- Must be a US Citizen
- 6 months corporate IT experience.
- Experience with Oracle SOA Suite 11g
- Experience with Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA)
Required Education (including Major):Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
- Recent graduate with MS or BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Submit your AfterCollege profile and full resume by clicking the Apply button below. Please note you will be redirected to Raytheon's careers website. Once there, click "Submit to job(s)", create your applicant account, and follow the steps to submit your application materials (resume, cover letter, experience, etc.). You MUST complete the full application process online in order to be considered for this opportunity with Raytheon.
Based in Tucson, Arizona, Raytheon Company's Missile Systems designs, develops and manufactures precision missile systems, including air to air, strike, Naval Weapons Systems, land combat, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. Missile Systems is proud to employee 11,000 professionals at its Tucson, Arizona headquarters.