Title: Database Administrator 3 - Oracle (Portland OR; Salt Lake City, UT; Des Moines or Sioux City, IA)
Responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of database technologies and related software. Conducts analysis, creates system specifications, develops, tests and implements engineering, scientific and business applications, operating systems, and file/database servers. Utilizes existing or new technology in the automation of processes. Evaluates software packages and provides recommendations to management. Provides actionable recommendations for improvements in application performance after analyzing underlying database-related infrastructure components.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
Designs, codes, tests, documents, implements and maintains database utilities.
Performs complex database analysis and design reviews.
Research and fact-finding to develop or modify database structures.
Works with vendors to review quality, adaptability and compatibility of their products.
Provides support for vendor-developed database implementation and periodic maintenance releases as required.
Provides technical input to assist in development of project planning.
Performs additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
Maintains RDBMS software at appropriate vendor-supported levels.
Requirements for this position include:
* Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science or related technical field or equivalent work experience. (Typically 4 years of additional related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor's degree. A minimum of 2 years additional directly related technical experience is required.)
* Five years of related experience in database administration or systems analysis on one of the following or any combination; Oracle 11,Oracle 10, Oracle Identity Management Suiteproducts.
* Experience installing and using Grid Control management software and OID.
* Effective performance tuning of enterprise level applications.
* Ability to encapsulate database and software maintenance activities in a scripting language for execution is preferable.
* Effective oral and written communication skills utilizing your ability to work with other Sr. DBA's to agree on future direction and standards and work as a team.
* Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.