Position: Software Engineer
Location: Indianaplis, Indiana
An entry-level Software Engineer supports all aspects of a software development life-cycle as a member of a multi-disciplined engineering team. This includes supporting military and commercial programs through software design, development and implementation under the direction of a more senior-level Engineer. May support customer demonstrations and develop and execute software test plans and procedures. May support product deliveries with tasks such as creating software modules, modifying code based on engineering change notices, and assisting in integration and troubleshooting.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Software engineering requirements design, code, unit test, software troubleshooting / debugging
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- 3.0 + GPA
- Strong analytical skills
- Software engineering requirements design, code, unit test, software troubleshooting / debugging Experience with C, C++, C#, JAVA, or other languages Knowledge/skills in .NET, UML, OO, and XML, SOA
- Knowledge in Sharepoint, SQL, web services
- Knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools
- Engineering Project or Internship experience Required
Education (including Major):
- Recent college graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related engineering degree. Candidates for this program must receive their Bachelors or Masters within the last 18 months. Raytheon Technical Services Company LLC (RTSC) headquartered in Dulles, VA has nearly 10,000 employees and 2010 sales of $3.4 billion. RTSC provides a full spectrum of technical, scientific and professional services to its defense, federal, international, and commercial customers worldwide. It specializes in training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the Mission Support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counterproliferation and counterterrorism markets. RTSC operates on all seven continents. RTSC customers include all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, NASA, the Federal Aviation Administration, the U.S. National Science Foundation, Department of Energy, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, the Transportation Security Administration, and other agencies of the Department of Homeland Security, as well as international governments.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Submit your AfterCollege profile and full resume by clicking the Apply button below. Please note you will be redirected to Raytheon's careers website. Once there, click "Submit to job(s)", create your applicant account, and follow the steps to submit your application materials (resume, cover letter, experience, etc.). You MUST complete the full application process online in order to be considered for this opportunity with Raytheon.
Based in Tucson, Arizona, Raytheon Company's Missile Systems designs, develops and manufactures precision missile systems, including air to air, strike, Naval Weapons Systems, land combat, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. Missile Systems is proud to employee 11,000 professionals at its Tucson, Arizona headquarters.