Windows System AdministratorDepartment:IT/OperationsOffice:SeattleLocation:Seattle, WA
Superior Windows Systems Administrators wanted for tackling big challenges, solving real world problems, and getting the job done.
Zillow is looking for an experienced Windows SA to work in a small team dedicated to growing, securing, monitoring, managing, and documenting both our Microsoft-based services and corporate IT infrastructure.
You should be comfortable with all aspects of Windows systems administration in addition to having extensive experience working with Corporate IT infrastructure – such as PBX, A/V, and security systems.
You must be self-driven, able to juggle many tasks under tight deadlines, and be comfortable bringing your own ideas to the table.
This is a position of significant responsibility but also considerable flexibility; you'll be helping to make architectural decisions and will be expected to manage your own projects under minimal direction.
You will be required to lead/drive IT projects by recommending solutions to corporate strategy and security issues, as well as providing system engineering solutions/options for the organization by performing the following duties.
* Develops and recommends strategies for corporate technology growth, security, and enhancements by maximizing functionality and efficiency.
* Supports installation and maintenance of corporate server hardware and software.
* Interfaces with vendors and consultants to ensure adequate delivery and maintenance of equipment and services.
* Orders and tracks asset purchases associated with project work.
* Performs system analysis, capacity planning, and testing of Zillow's corporate infrastructure.
* Maintains library of associated materials for all equipment, processes, and procedures on Zillow's wiki.
* Designs, installs, and tests Windows systems and enterprise infrastructure systems.
* Provides support and performs routine and emergency maintenance on mission critical corporate and production services and hardware.
* Participates in on-call rotation for emergency support and troubleshooting.
* Provides performance monitoring and analysis.
* Maintains corporate and production server patching levels.
* Analyzes and evaluates system changes, additions and reconfigurations.
* Contributes to development and administration of backup and recovery plan to maintain corporate and production systems operation.
* Identifies and corrects faults and provides resolution of complex problem tickets escalated from the help desk.
* Mentors Help Desk support team.
* Works closely with the developers, managers, and directors to understand their requirements for new and existing projects and services.
* Manages and prioritizes many competing tasks and provide hands-on assistance when required.
* Engineers and implements system automation and monitoring tools.
* Logs all issues accurately in a ticket racking system consistent with SOX processes.
* Works to establish performance measure, goals and reporting methodologies to improve effectiveness and productivity.
* Provides backup user support for desktop and laptop hardware related issues, along with supporting access to the corporate network and applications.
Required Experience and Skills:
* 5 years Windows system administration
* 5 years Corporate IT systems engineering and administration
* Active Directory design and best practices
* SQL Server 2008 support
* Exchange/Hosted Exchange administration
* Phone system design and administration
* Scripting (PowerShell, VBscript, etc)
* TCP/IP Networking
* Tape backup and data archival and Disaster Recovery planning
* Working knowledge of PC and server hardware
* Ability to adapt to unfamiliar technologies
Desired Experience and Skills:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Programming (C/C++, C#, etc.)
* IIS, Remote Desktop Services, Hyper-V, Federation Services, Microsoft Clustering services
* Experience with enterprise antivirus and spyware/adware applications
* Familiarity with LDAP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, FTP, CIFS
* Experience with server class machines and components, racks and cabling procedures
* Familiar with Macintosh and Linux a plus