Staff Software Enineer
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an outstanding team of engineers developing products for the leading Cable companies of the world. The team’s products monitor over eighty million devices worldwide on a daily basis, and are essential in identifying and resolving HFC network issues both reactively and proactively.
In this role you will serve as team leader developing and supporting application software. Lead product architecture development and definition with general instructions for assignments from a manager. Provide technical mentoring and leadership to the product development staff.
Key Duties & Responsibilities (in decreasing Critical Emphasis order)
* Serve as technical lead for the specification, design, and implementation of products.
* Assume a leadership role within cross-functional development teams.
* Manage complexity across multiple subsystems.
* Investigate and develop components and products. Plan, conduct, and direct such projects.
* Serve as a technical mentor to other members of the engineering staff.
* Interface with other departments to accomplish product development objectives.
* Generate design and product documentation.
* Resolve highly complex technical problems. Initiate design changes and provide engineering support to assess customer needs and solve field issues.
* Participate in source code control and software release activities.
* Perform unit testing and integration testing as required.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Core Java development experience, including multi-threaded and multi-process application development. Solid experience with the Java 1.5 APIs is a minimum.
* Familiarity and practical experience with Java and J2EE design patterns.
* Database centric application development including SQL, JDBC, Hibernate and related technologies.
* J2EE/Web application development technologies including HTML, HTTP, XML, SOAP, REST, JMS, HTTP.
* Solid experience with at least one scripting tool such as Python, Perl, Ruby or Unix shell.
Educations: BS Computer Science or equivalent degree preferred. Advanced degree (MSEE, MSCS) highly desired.
* 5+ years prior design and development experience including experience in multi-threaded or client-server development required.
* Experience with IDEs (e.g. Eclipse), profilers, debuggers and other construction tools required.
* Experience with source-code systems (e.g. SVN) and bug tracking (e.g. JIRA) required.
* Experience working within traditional waterfall and Agile (Scrum) life cycle environments
* Experience working within a mix of Solaris/Linux and Windows environments.
* Cable centric experience including experience with DOCSIS, SNMP preferred.
* Real-time application design, including deadline scheduling and resource management preferred.
Beaverton, OR, US.
US Dollar (USD)