Posting:Internship - Software Engineer
Internship – Software Engineer
A leader in aviationis looking for the best to journey with us into the future of navigation!
For more than 70 years, Jeppesen, a Boeing subsidiary, has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations.
We are theworld's leading providerof aeronautical data, and are combining our company's enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21stcentury navigation and optimization solutions. We have now expanded into the Marine and Rail industries, andare rapidly growing on a global scale!
At Jeppesen, we believe in a balance between personal growth and professional development. Wehire the bestto grow our company's future. Visit our website to learn more about Jeppesen's pioneering spirit, and to apply for our open positions.
* Apply general software engineering expertise to support development of software. May involve any aspect of the software development lifecycle
* Writes, maintains, tests, and/or debugs software
* Utilizes software development tools to perform assigned tasks
* Communicates status both verbally and written as required
* Participates in project planning/status activities
* Performs other related functions, including special projects as required
* Interns must be actively enrolled in some form of accredited higher education. This includes programs provided by universities, vocational schools, community colleges, institutes of technology, or other organizations that awards academic degrees.
* Interns must complete at least 3 years within their institution of higher education, and carry a3.0grade point average before being considered for a Jeppesen internship.
* Must be enrolled in a computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent technical degree program
* One or more previous internships in software engineering a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Knowledgeable of high level programming languages
* Comfortable programming in C/C++ and/or C#/.NET
* Understand object-oriented programming concepts
* Familiarity with software development tools (MS Visual Studio or equivalent)
* Understand common software development methodologies (ie. Agile)
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Motivation to learn and take challenges and a passion for software engineering
* Fluent in English, written and spoken
* Ability to lift and carry 20 lbs of test equipment at least 40 feet
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification.
Jeppesen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.