Job Category:Software Engineering: Content Publishing
Location:Redmond, WA, US
Division:Windows Phone Division
You’ve seen the new Windows Phone – a phone so different from everything else on the market that it’s winning awards and design accolades. We’ve also revealed a brand new application platform along with a suite of tools that allows developers to create beautiful and compelling apps and games. Are you ready to join the battle and have a huge impact on how developers learn to build for our platform?
The Content Publishing team within Windows Phone is seeking a talented Technical Writer/Programmer Writer to help build out an entirely new educational catalog for developers. This small and extremely dynamic team offers exciting challenges and unparalleled opportunities to learn, document, and evangelize the latest technologies for Windows Phone. We’re looking for bright engineers that are passionate about developers, love to dig into technology and are ready for a new and bold mission.
All candidates should be great at problem-solving, critical thinking, attention to details, and technical horsepower/logical thinking.
Your adventure will include
- Researching, developing and writing documentation components for a software developer audience
- Defining and documenting end to end scenarios for multiple feature areas
- Creating awesome code samples and starter kits that demonstrate the power of the platform
- Collaborating with multiple teams across Microsoft to build a world-class product
- Engaging deeply with the community, both internal and external to drive self-host feedback into the product/docs
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements
- 3+ years of experience writing or leading developer-focused documentation deliverables
- A proven track record of delivering great results under tight deadlines
- Excellent writing, communication, and planning skills
- Experience in C#, XAML, and/or XNA
- Experience reading and writing code in C/C++ is a plus
- Strong affinity for cross-group collaboration, negotiation, and organization skills
- A strong internal compass and the ability to operate in start-up mode
- Experience in instructor-led training, presenting at conferences, and developer outreach is a big plus
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Technical Communications preferred. Work related experience may substitute for degree
Come join the cutting-edge world of smartphone development where the opportunity for impact waits on every corner.