As our UI Application Engineer in Product Creation, you'll work on developing and implementing major projects for our Planning and Merchandising Portfolio. You'll be a technical leader collaborating with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Business partners to deliver technical solutions for our Product Creation business partners. You'll be a key contributor in all aspects of development and support, and involvement in all phases of the software development life cycle. You'll also provide team leadership, including technical skill development, on-boarding and mentoring of engineers, internal/external group liaison, issue resolution and contribution towards performance management. You'll contribute to large, business-critical projects from a technical perspective, end-to-end, and ensure that technical standards are being followed that comply with the overall architectural direction. You'll represent Product Creation team on key vendor relationships from a project and technical point of view; work with Product Creation leadership, Enterprise Architecture, partner teams and external vendors to achieve Product Creation objectives. You'll also be responsible for helping create and enforce coding standards. You'll work in a team environment where you'll be encouraged to express technical leadership and direction while communicating effectively across teams.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 2 years' additional relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
- 5 years' professional IT or related experience
- Experience working in Lean/Agile delivery environments including SCRUM/XP development expertise and experience using TDD, Continuous Integration, and other Agile practices
- Deep expertise developing complex UX Experiences using Silverlight or WPF and C#. Experience using Expression Blend is a plus
- Deep expertise in Object Oriented Analysis and design, Classic design patterns
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Successful track record collaborating with product owners, product managers and business experts to ensure delivered solutions optimally support the achievement of business outcomes
- Passion for and experience in coaching, teaching, mentoring and learning
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in leading/performing technical quality reviews
- Ability to create frameworks and models that can be reused and embody architectural strategies and standards
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to work with onshore/offshore/vendor teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting)
- Experience estimating work effort, planning, organization and implementing complex software projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Strong understanding and experience using various version control systems like Subversion or Git
- Complete knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle and how Lean and Agile practices support this
- Strong experience and understanding of various UI architecture patterns including MVVM, MVC, and MVP
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- A consultancy approach to your work
- Commitment to collaborate with other developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Proficiency in UI Frameworks such as XUL
- Ability to efficiently and effectively apply lo-FI, mid-FI and high-FI prototyping techniques to promote requirements understanding, minimize rework and build trust in solutions with customers and end users
- Thought leader in designing and developing Object Oriented, multi-tier applications in a complex architectural landscape
- Experience in using Expression Blend
- Experience in developing Java Swing applications
- Experience in Lean process improvement efforts
To make it clear, we're not looking for just anyone. We're looking for someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly demonstrated these skills
- Accepting third-party candidates for this position.
- Vision and Life Insurance for Full-time W2 Consultants.
- Supplemental Disability and Long-Term Care Insurance
- Dependent Care Assistance.
- 401(k) with Roth feature.
- Free E-learning Courses