Title: Manufacturing Support Programmer/Network Administrator
Location: USA-OR-Cottage Grove
Cottage Grove Lumber is a top producing, highly efficient, and technologically advanced lumber manufacturing facility. This is an opportunity to be a part of a world class team. The successful candidate will contribute to the continued success of this team driven organization through the development and implementation of both custom and selected industry standard hardware and software solutions. Primary function will focus on the support of improving mill reliability through data acquisition, analysis, management, and communication. This role is part of a cross functional team of technical individuals that make up the Cottage Grove Engineering Team. This team works together to solve problems and implement solutions. The candidate selected will have a strong background in computer networking, and will be a competent, multi-language programmer.
* Work with mill personnel to improve safety and uptime.
* Strong trouble shooting abilities and creativity to be able to get data to flow between a large number of applications, and across multiple networks, to generate applications and reports
* Build quality software solutions employing the disciplines of test driven development at both the unit and system level
* Document, maintain, troubleshoot, and improve new and existing networks across the plant site.
* Learn, support, and document a number of pre-existing custom applications.
* Explore opportunities to evolve existing solutions to take advantage of the latest technology advancements
* 2 year degree in a computer, electronics, or electrical program
* 3 years experience writing commercial .Net (C#.Net orVB.Net) software applications Experience with Visual Studio, SQL, MS Access, iOS, OPC Data Access, OPC Architecture and OPC Commands, HTML, C ; Kepware, MSExcel, MSWord, and CAD software.
* Experience applying the principals of object oriented design
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
* Knowledge of pattern-based development using object oriented design patterns and architectural patterns
* Experience in lumber manufacturing or other manufacturing
* Mechanical aptitude
* Exposure and/or experience with PLC controls and programming.