Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
We invite you to bring your career to an environment where talent is rewarded and new ideas are encouraged. At Seattle Children's, the Pacific Northwest's premier pediatric care and research center, we offer more than just state-of-the-art facilities and open career growth potential. Our discoveries in bench, clinical and outcomes research are recognized by scientists worldwide. As one of the top five pediatric research centers in the nation, we bring together the best minds in pediatric research to set new standards of pediatric care and find new cures for childhood diseases.
The Applications Development Senior position in the Center for Developmental Therapeutics will develop, test, standardize and implement software for high throughput data analysis. This includes system analysis, design, application support, research into standards, and customer/vendor relations management in support of production operations. For example, supporting the integration of different computational approaches into an end-to-end workflow for high throughput data analysis, including applications for proteomics and metabolomics. Participate in all phases of the project lifecycle, including architecture, design, development, alpha, beta, release and production support. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in the field and a minimum of three years of experience with software development; working knowledge of JAVA, Spring, AJAX, JSF, Hibernate, JQuery, and JUnit; and solid experience with SQL tuning and understanding the execution plan will be key to this role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Business, or related field
- Three (3) years software development experience
- Working knowledge of JAVA, Spring, AJAX, JSF, Hibernate, JQuery, and JUnit
- Solid experience with SQL tuning and understanding the execution plans
- Strong understanding of multi-tiered web applications and scalability challenges
- Five (5) or more years software development experience
- Experience developing large software systems
- Experience with web services (HTTP, JSON, SOAP, XML), Unix/Linux environments,
and distributed systems (HADOOP)
- Experience in software and algorithmic development for molecular biology,
biotechnology, microarrays or proteomics
We offer competitive pay, generous paid time off, transportation discounts, and employee reward and recognition programs. Seattle Children's is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posted via