Innovative technologies. Superior solutions. Outstanding opportunities.
Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems supplier through world-class people and technology
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 88 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon at a Glance
* Chairman and CEO: William H. Swanson
* 75,000 employees worldwide
* 25 billion in 2010 sales
At Raytheon, you can position yourself at the forefront of technologies that are transforming the way we live - from artificial intelligence, digital electronics, optical data storage, advanced and distributed computing, satellites, and robotics to marine technology and beyond.
Missile Systems designs, develops, and produces missile systems for critical requirements, for U.S. and allied forces, including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, and directed energy weapons.
AIM-9X , AMRAAM , Centurion , EKV , ESSM , Excalibur , HARM , Javelin , JSOW , MALD , Maverick , Paveway , Phalanx , SeaRAM , Standard Missile , Tomahawk , TOW , Vigilant Eagle
The Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis Center is responsible for all levels of simulation and analysis, including campaign and operational level analysis, as well as high-fidelity simulations used for performance prediction.
*Junior level intern position in which the candidate will support developing requirements, designing, coding, and/or testing of models/simulations using a combination of C++, Matlab, or other software language/tools. This may include a combination of input file manipulation, dynamic data manipulation, data collection, and/or data post-processing.
*Junior is defined as a student that has completed enough hours to be classified as a junior. The expected graduation date would be in the Spring or Summer of 2014.
Required Experience and Skills:
* Understanding of analysis, coding, and modeling and simulation concepts. Simulation experts will be available for consultation. * Proficiency in Linux or Unix Knowledge of Software Configuration Management tools (Synergy or Subversion) Proficiency in Matlab * Experience developing algorithms * Good verbal and written communication skills * Must be eligible to receive DOD Security Clearance.
Desired Experience and Skills:
* Knowledge of programming languages: FORTRAN, C/C++, Java * Knowledge of basic physics and its application to modeling and analysis
Required Education (including Major):
* Junior level student from an ABET accredited institution pursuing a degree in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Math or related fields
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Raytheon Missile Systems
* 2010 sales: 5.7 billion
* 12,400 employees
* Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona
* World's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems
* More than 1 million missiles produced since 1954
* Broad weapons portfolio
* Smart munitions
* Kinetic kill vehicles
* Directed energy weapons
* Customers: All U.S. military services; allied forces of more than 40 countries
* Strong commitment to the global marketplace
Based in Tucson, Arizona, Raytheon Company's Missile Systems designs, develops and manufactures precision missile systems, including air to air, strike, Naval Weapons Systems, land combat, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. Missile Systems is proud to employee 11,000 professionals at its Tucson, Arizona headquarters.