Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
We hire software development engineer interns into our technical teams based in Seattle, Washington. Our interns and co-ops design, develop, and write real software and partner with a select group of experienced software development engineers, who both challenge and further develop them as they analyze and solve innovative projects that matter to our customers.
Impact: As a member of the Amazon development team, you'll be given the opportunity to have direct impact on the evolution of the Amazon e-commerce platform and lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, judgment, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, optimization, scalability, security and tweaking algorithms, just to name a few.
Innovation: Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Are you interested in finding the best intersection of features vs. performance? Are you up to the task of delivering innovative technology that offers millions of unique products to thousands of suppliers, to tens of millions of customers around the world? Many of the technical challenges Amazon encounters have never been dealt with before on this scale, if at all. Come help lead the way in e-commerce innovation.
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science/Computer Engineering program (or related technical discipline) with at least one term to finish after the completion of the Amazon internship
- Experience with object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java)
- Experience on a UNIX or Linux platform
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, relational databases and optimization
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through abstract thinking
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to be considered, please apply through our website by clicking the 'Apply' button below.
Amazon, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers. Today, Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, and China (Joyo.com) and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.