Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
As a member of the Amazon development team, you'll be given the opportunity to have direct impact on the evolution of the Amazon e-commerce platform and lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, optimization, scalability, security and tweaking algorithms, just to name a few.
Innovation: Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Are you interested in finding the best intersection of features vs. performance? Are you up to the task of delivering innovative technology that offers millions of unique products to thousands of suppliers, to tens of millions of customers around the world? Many of the technical challenges Amazon encounters have never been dealt with before on this scale, if at all. Come help lead the way in e-commerce innovation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Must be currently enrolled in school or graduated within the last 12 months
- At least 2 years experience with object-oriented design and coding, to include academic experience and/or internships
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Previous technical internship(s) preferred
- Graduate degree a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to be considered, please apply through our website by clicking the 'Apply' button below.
Amazon, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers. Today, Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, and China (Joyo.com) and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.