Innovative technologies. Superior solutions. Outstanding opportunities.
Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems supplier through world-class people and technology
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 88 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon at a Glance
* Chairman and CEO: William H. Swanson
* 75,000 employees worldwide
* 25 billion in 2009 sales
Missile Systems designs, develops, and produces missile systems for critical requirements, for U.S. and allied forces, including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, and directed energy weapons.
Products include :
AIM-9X , AMRAAM , Centurion , EKV , ESSM , Excalibur , HARM , Javelin , JSOW , MALD , Maverick , Paveway , Phalanx , SeaRAM , Standard Missile , Tomahawk , TOW , Vigilant Eagle
Job Title: Electrical Engineer I (Operations - Manufacturing and Test Center [MTC])
Candidate will work under general supervision to manage the production test process through one or more phases of the product life cycle, including product development, transition to production, sustained production and depot activities. Position is for first shift; however, the manufacturing environment can operate multiple shifts including some weekend work so candidate must be capable of supporting this schedule.
Tasks may include the following:
* Assist in the development of test equipment and establishment of test requirements and procedures.
* Accept new or modified test equipment for production use.
* Ensure the operation of test equipment and associated work instructions are accurate.
* Ensure test equipment and software meet the test requirements specified for the product.
* Monitor and improve the test process through analysis of predictive metrics of trends, failure modes, and test yields.
* Develop test flow charts and test capacity analysis.
* Maintain changes to the test equipment technical data package which includes drawings, test instructions, test position manuals, and system software.
* Assist and direct hourly personnel in non-routine fault isolation, diagnose, and repair of the product or test equipment.
* Lead root cause and corrective action investigations and present findings to management.
* Provide technical training in both product and test equipment to production test specialists and metrology personnel.
BS college course work should include advanced electronics and electrical engineering, basic mechanical engineering, basic computer programming. Must be proficient using Microsoft Office applications and have the ability to develop solutions to routine technical problems. Must have good interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
Hands-on hardware integration, troubleshooting, and manufacturing experience are a plus. Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment is a plus. In addition, holding a current Secret clearance is a plus.
Required Education (including Major):
B.S. in Electrical Engineering/Physics/Math with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Raytheon Missile Systems with 2009 sales of 5.4 billion, is the world's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems. With a history of innovation, state of the art electronics, mission systems and other capabilities Missile Systems has produced more than 1 million missiles since 1954, in addition to a broad weapons portfolio including smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. Headquartered in Tucson Arizona, Missile Systems employs over 12,500 people supporting all of the U.S. military services and allied forces of more than 40 countries.
About Raytheon Company
Based in Tucson, Arizona, Raytheon Company's Missile Systems designs, develops and manufactures precision missile systems, including air to air, strike, Naval Weapons Systems, land combat, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. Missile Systems is proud to employee 11,000 professionals at its Tucson, Arizona headquarters.