Loopt is building some earth-shaking new projects for 2011 and is dramatically expanding our web presence.
We seek a creative and motivated web developer to push the limits of the desktop and mobile web.
- Modern Web Frameworks: You understand why these matter, how they help, and what they dont do. You know when to use Rails and when to use Rack. Our primary platform is Rails, although we dabble in others. Youve built sites using one or more of Rails, Django, ASP MVC, Grails, AppEngine, or Express and youve read through the documentation on some of the others. You choose between these platforms based on their merits and not based on your familiarity.
- Service Integration: Stitching RESTful services that speak JSON to XML spewing SOAP services with a few custom binary protocols thrown in both sounds painful to you and you can explain in an objective way why that sort of an architecture might not be a great idea. Thats not what we do, but if we did you could handle it. You can write SQL queries when you have to, but have several strategies to avoid them.
- HTML and CSS: Layout and styling must be second nature. While youll usually be working from a wireframe or a full visual mockup, not having them wont cause you to produce an ugly result. Youre a software engineer not a visual designer, but you can tell the difference between good design and bad design. That we target a range of browsers across both mobile and desktop platforms is pretty much a given.
- SEO: You dont have to be a marketing person, but you know that how we structure and display our content matters. Youre comfortable bending a site architecture to the needs of the marketing team and can work together with them to optimize our site.
- Team Player: Youll own your own work, but all of us edit each others code. You recognize that theres more than one way to do most tasks. When your teammate does something differently than the way you would have, you see potential for you to learn rather than an automatic need to admonish. At the same time, youre willing to share your knowledge and mentor others to help us all get better at what we do.
- Systems Administration: The ops team keeps it running, but you have to deploy it. Configuring production Linux servers with new versions of our current or future technologies is no problem for you.
- 2+ years working on professional or personal web application projects. Additional non-web related programming experience is a plus but not a requirement.
Loopt Inc. is headquartered in Mountain View, California. Sequoia Capital, New Enterprise Associates (NEA) and Maverick Capital all back our company.
Loopt captures the four major growth trends of the consumer internet :mobile, social, local and real-time. Loopt is evolving its strategy to seize the lead in this flourishing space. Our mobile applications empower users to find their friends, places, and events around them in the moment. We connect people to their friends and to the places they care about. Loopt is on iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone 7. Our services have more than five million registered users.
Find Loopt at www.loopt.com, www.twitter.com/loopt and www.facebook.com/loopt
Loopt does not accept or pay fees for unsolicited resumes from outside agencies.