Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
The Windows OS team focuses on maximizing Intel platform performance, energy efficiency and capabilities on Microsoft system software by enabling support for platform technologies, features and optimizations.
*Have an impact on Windows 8 and other future software--now
*Define next generation hardware & software features over the platform continuum
*Influence future CPU architecture.
With this team you will be responsible for researching, analyzing, and developing operating system software enhancements for Microsoft operating systems (OS) and Microsoft virtualization products. Delivering the Compute Continuum Requires Lots of New Software Engineers as you will be working closely with the desktop, server, tablet and mobile architecture and product groups at Intel. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Researching, implementing and driving adoption of optimized alternatives and algorithms for Windows* OS and Virtualization products. These optimizations will involve power and performance optimizations and feature enhancements to support advanced Intel microprocessors, chipsets and platforms.
* Reviewing and enabling processor and platform features for core Windows* OS and Virtualization products
* Analyzing and evaluating system and processor errata for current systems and future Intel(c) processors and platforms
* Defining and driving processor and platform features and architecture definition into future Intel(c) processors and platforms
*Knowledgeable on computer/processor architecture, OS fundamentals, OS internals, OS-level APIs, Kernel debugger, driver development, System level development / prototype, C/ASM programming, scripting language, data structures and Algorithms
*Expertise in core technologies such as RAS, power, virtualization, security, low power IO or sensor.
*Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Candidate must possess a minimum of a BS bachelor of science in Computer Science, or other relevant degree. Work experience is a plus. Must also demonstrate familiarity with Intel(c) architecture.
Click the "Apply" link to view and apply and search for req. 609541
About Intel Corporation
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), the world leader in silicon innovation, develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live.
Mission & Values
|Our values define who we are and how we act as employees and as a company. More than simply words, they are something we live by each day. They speak to everyone within our diverse workforce.
These are our ideals, the Intel Values:
- Customer Orientation
- Risk Taking
- Great Place to Work
- Results Orientation
|Big thinking. At Intel, we thrive on it. That's why we put brilliant minds together and give them the tools to succeed. So whether you're in engineering, manufacturing, operations, or marketing, you'll play an important part in bringing our next-generation computing platforms to the world.
Put yourself in the right company, and let the ideas fly. If you’re looking to make an impact, Intel is the perfect place. For interns, recent college graduates, or experienced professionals, Intel has positions in business and technical disciplines all over the world. Explore the possibilities. You’ll be sure to find an opportunity that piques your interest.
|Intel believes employees are the most important investment for success, and Intel's comprehensive compensation and benefits program reflects that. The program's purpose is to attract, retain and reward the people responsible for the company's long-term growth and profitability. It's designed to provide Intel employees and their families with the stability of long-term financial security and protection. Learn more about Intel's compensation and benefits programs.
Honors & Awards
|Intel and our employees have been recognized for a number of corporate initiatives and charitable endeavors. In the past year, we have received over 80 recognitions for our corporate responsibility efforts at the local, national and global level. And while winning awards is certainly not the motivation behind these efforts, the recognition is always appreciated. The following is a listing of some of the recent awards Intel has received.
- Newsweek's Green Rankings 2009
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes Member
- Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Green Power Partner of the Year by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Ethisphere Institute's 2009 World's Most Ethical Companies
- Corporate Responsibility Officer magazine's 100 Best Corporate Citizens List