Job Description Overview
Calypso Technology is seeking an Associate Software Engineer to join our organization as a member of our New Graduate Training Program (NGT).
The NGT Program gives new graduates a tremendous opportunity to receive valuable training on the Calypso solution and the added value the solution can provide to our clients and its place in the financial landscape.
• During the training phase (6 months), the associated software engineer will first be introduced and trained on concepts related to trading applications including front office functions (market data management, trade capture, pricing), risk and back office Processing settlements, documentation and accounting). Asset class specific training will also be provided in areas such as foreign exchange, Foreign exchange options, fixed income, credit derivatives, interest derivatives, etc.
• The associated software engineer will also learn the architecture of our application and how to build a mission critical enterprise application. They will also learn about issues related to usability and performance
Following the training program the associate software analyst will be selected to join one of our engineering teams.
• Design and develop new tools using Java technologies
• Work closely with FT team members and clients to build new features from initial requirements through delivery
• Assists in the build, documentation and testing of the packaged business solution based on the specifications provided by the product manager
• Liaise with Professional Services team to collect client feedback, resolve issues and improve the solutions
• Manage the lifecycle of solution development including analysis, configuration, testing and documentation.
Skills & Requirements:
• BS and/or MS in Computer Science or related field
• Excellent object-oriented analysis, design & development skills
• Experience with Java, RMI, XML, C++, UNIX/Linux
• Familiarity with Oracle and/or Sybase databases
• Experience with software tools such as Eclipse, ANT, CVS and JUnit Understand the use of technology as a tool to solve business problems
• An interest in finance. No understanding of finance is needed.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Calypso offers career development opportunities, a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package.
Calypso Technology is an equal opportunity employee (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
On Tuesday, August 9, 2011, we will be holding an information session and Interview day.
If you are interested, please send your resume and reply with the following information:
1. Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.? (please be specific).
2. If you are on OPT, can you please state the date that it begins or has begun?
3. Your salary expectations (please be specific).
4. When is your ideal start date?
Hiring decisions will be made the day of the interview.
We will formally invite you to attend if you meet our qualifications.
OUR NGT PROGRAM
More than 2 years ago, Calypso rolled out a specialized New Graduate Training Program (NGT), to provide a unique opportunity to young professionals to receive valuable training on the Calypso solution, the added value the solution can provide to our customers and our place in the financial landscape. Since then opportunities have been provided to graduates with a background in corporate finance and / or software engineering. The NGT program combines both classroom training with hands-on practical training.
During our 6 month paid training program, associate business analysts and associate software engineers are trained on concepts related to trading applications including front office functions (market data management, trade capture, pricing), risk and back office Processing settlements, documentation, accounting). Asset class specific training will also be provided in areas such as foreign exchange, foreign exchange options, fixed income, credit derivatives, interest derivatives, etc.. Associate Software Engineers learn the architecture of our application and how to build a mission critical enterprise application. They will also learn about issues related to usability and performance.
Today, graduates from these classes are actively working in a number of different groups in the organization including Professional Services, Product Support, Q/A and Engineering.
Join Calypso Today and join an organization that:
• Offers two Diverse Careers in one (Finance and Technology)
• Has enjoyed double digit growth over the last 10 years
• Has a passion to become the #1 Capital Markets Provider
• Gives employees the opportunity for Global Exposure
• Offers a top-notch training program that includes the industry’s top talent
• Fosters Collaboration & Innovation
• Offers Career advancement opportunities to its employees
• Diverse culture of excellence and teamwork
• Creates a WINNING culture.
WALL STREET MEETS SILICON VALLEY
About Calypso Technology
Founded in 1997, Calypso Technology is a leading global application software provider for the capital markets industry, delivering an integrated suite of trading, risk and processing applications within many of the premier financial institutions including banks, asset managers, hedge funds, and other companies participating in the world’s financial markets.
Its innovative platform is the industry’s first integrated application suite with the ability to support the trading, risk management, and processing of various financial products such as Interest Rate, Credit, Foreign Exchange, Commodity and Equity and their derivatives.
With strategically based offices in global financial centers in San Francisco (headquarters), New York, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, Moscow, Johannesburg, Sydney, Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing, Mumbai and Chennai, our 500+ employees include some of the best talent from the capital markets and technology industries. Our global presence offers international exposure, experience and travel for many of our employment positions.
Calypso Technology's clients are industry innovators and leaders — from 8 of the world’s top 10 banks to regional and local banks, and the world’s largest asset managers, leading hedge funds, and insurance companies. With over 110+ customers and 18,000+ users around the world, we are extremely proud of the relationships we have developed. A partial list of our clients can be found here: www.calypso.com/customers/
With a world-class team of professionals who share a passion to succeed, Calypso places a high value on providing equal employment opportunities and maintaining a diverse workforce.
We invite you to explore the Calypso website and discover how our organization can help you to navigate your journey in finding a rewarding career and achieving your own personal and professional goals.