Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
* Collaborate with technical experts, internal and external to the organization, to identify, evaluate, and recommend technical solutions to support division goals and project requirements.
* Assist executive level managers by planning, executing, and administering high-level, non-routine issues concerning programs, policies, directives, actions, external queries, correspondence, etc.
* Provide qualitative or quantitative analysis, consulting, and workable solutions for actions and issues.
* Advise management, offer recommendations, and serve as an organizational liaison as required.
* Review and evaluate technical documents and proposals.
* Research and evaluate potential vendors.
* Assist in the development, tracking, and execution of the spend plan.
* Develop functional, operational, and user requirements.
* Conduct reviews to validate functional, operational, and user requirements.
* Translate conceptual designs into technical specifications.
* Identify new and existing products and technologies to solve design, developmental, and operational problems and deficiencies.
* Establish and maintain documentation of technical processes and procedures.
* Assist in developing a training plan for the organization's workforce. Research, identify, and validate training options.
* Qualifications: Entry is with a High School diploma with thirteen (13) years experience, an Associate's degree with nine (9) years experience, or a Bachelor's degree in with seven (7) years experience. Qualifying degree, if any, must be in Computer Science or Information Systems.
* Experience in three or more of the following areas:
* Unix and/or Linux.
* Enterprise SAN/NAS storage (server-level experience).
* Microsoft: Microsoft Exchange Messaging system; Windows 2000, 2003, and/or 2008 servers; Windows Active Directory; Windows XP or Windows7 desktop support; and SharePoint.
* Virtualized computing environment, specifically with VMWare administration and with UNIX virtualization technologies for Solaris containers/zones and Logical Domains (LDOM's).
* Network architecture and administration (LAN and WAN).
* Ability to liaison with local, deployed, and CONUS Information Technology personnel and DOD Information Technology work centers.
* Fluent in the English Language.
How to Apply ' External ' To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button located at the top or bottom of this page.
***PLEASE NOTE: To submit unofficial transcript(s), use the My Career Tools link on the Careers Home page after you have submitted your application.
All positions in the National Security Agency are in the excepted service.
Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Salary Range $79,565 - $103,434
About National Security Agency
The National Security Agency (NSA) is a world leader in Signals Intelligence. We carry out some of the nation’s most important and sensitive intelligence activities to secure information superiority for America and its allies.
We have two primary missions. Our Information Assurance mission is the defense: it protects U.S. information by preventing foreign adversaries from gaining access to our information systems. Our Signals Intelligence mission is the offense: collecting foreign signals and producing intelligence to give U.S. policy makers and warfighters the decision advantage. NSA also enables network warfare operations to defeat terrorists and their organizations at home and abroad, consistent with U.S. laws and the protection of privacy and civil liberties.
At the nation’s top cryptologic organization, we employ the best and the brightest, who use their intelligence to solve some of the nation’s most difficult challenges. We are also the largest employer of mathematicians in the country, as well as one of the most important centers of foreign language analysis and research.