GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for reviewing, validating, and processing all invoices for payment according to the department’s policies and procedures. The Accounts Payable Specialist is also responsible for the timely resolution of all invoice discrepancies, ensuring the facilities remain in good standing with the vendor community, and ensuring that all accruals are recorded in an accurate and timely manner.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Compile and review accounts payable documents and prepare document batches for processing
- Record appropriate vendor, expense account number, and tax information when processing payments
- Match supplier credit memos with hospital debit memos and process them in a timely manner;Investigate and resolve any identified discrepancies in a timely manner
- Record all manual checks issued by the facilities accurately and efficiently
- Respond to employee and vendor inquires in a professional, courteous, and timely manner
- Prepare accounts payable reports and maintain accounts payable records according to department policies and procedures
- Review and correct OPAY report weekly to ensure the accuracy of the accruals
- Review and correct suspended voucher report weekly to ensure that all discrepancies are resolved
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One year previous accounts payable experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
About HCA Inc.
HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare, has a 160,000-employee workforce with positions in a variety of fields, including nursing, human resources, information technology and shared services. Most importantly, each employee is a valued member of the HCA family.
As an employee at an HCA-affiliated facility, your potential for achievement, fulfillment and career growth are substantial. HCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workforce diversity.